3-1

11 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

And Tech spanked Arizona St. Yesterday. Hopefully we've figured this thing out. 4-1 looks very doable now then heading into a bye week.

And we’ve got FAU after the bye week so 5-1 heading into Memphis is a very real possibility. 

BUT it’s one game at a time so today we enjoy the feeling of a good win and a 3-1 start. Tomorrow, we get ready for Tulsa. 

• Upvote 7

I'm happy for 3-1 with a loss against a P4.  But let's be honest, we saw weaknesses in the first 2 that were overwhelmed by the play of our offense, and those weaknesses were on full display at Tech.  This win is great.  No question about that.  But let's not overlook just how bad Wyoming is.

Conference time.  Just win, baby!

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

We play who’s on the schedule. The goal is to win as many as you can no matter how ugly it looks. Believe me, I complained about the ugly win against SFA. I found myself wanting to give anything for an ugly win against Tech. This is a good start for the team.

Hopefully, they can be even better moving forward with getting Gabe Blair back, acclimating to more 3-4 type defense. Very happy EM made a coaching decision to change up from the 3-3-5. It takes guts to realize what’s wrong and finally switch it up. 

• Upvote 6

51 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Wyoming lost to a FCS school. 

If the FCS school you’re referring to is Idaho, I am certain fans of Oregon (#9 in the country going into yesterday) still wonder how they struggled to put that now 3-1 FCS team away

And did I mention that Idaho beat Abilene Christian?  The same ACU that was a 2-point conversion away from beating Tech in OT

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 4