Pre-Game Observations & Question

Mean Green Village looks pretty healthy.  But that is almost all deceiving when comes to predicting actual buts in seats by 2nd quarter.   Has anyone been a CFB event with huge disparity between tailgate attendance vs game attendance?

I appreciate the free food at the Alumni Pavilion but as an Alumni member it really isn't free.  I also noticed a stack of unused bricks with tributes on them.  Saw on with 2023 with somebody's name on it.  Does anyone know what are the future plans for the Alumni Pavilion?

I appreciate Rudy's but I disappointed they refuse to bring rib to there booth at the game.  Is it a food safety thing?  Seems like they could make a killing offering ribs and just a couple other regular menu items.  For blowouts or earlier afternoon kickoffs I just go to Rudy's on I-35E to get my BBQ fix a little cheaper. 🤷🏽‍♂️

20 years later I still don't like the script helmets.  Hopefully I am in the very small minority and people too young to remember them love them.  Go Mean Green

Edited by Meangreen Fight
Grammer
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Meangreen Fight said:

Mean Green Village looks pretty healthy.  But that is almost all deceiving when comes to predicting actual buts in seats by 2nd quarter.   Has anyone been a CFB event with huge disparity between tailgate attendance vs game attendance?

I appreciate the free food at the Alumni Pavilion but as an Alumni member it really isn't free.  I also noticed a stack of unused bricks with tributes on them.  Saw on with 2023 with somebody's name on it.  Does anyone know what are the future plan for the Alumni Pavilion?

I appreciate Rudy's but I disappointed they refuse to bring rib to there booth at the game.  Is it a food safety thing?  Seems like they could make a killing offering ribs and just a couple other regular menu items.  For blowouts or earlier afternoon kickoffs I just go to Rudy's on I-35E to get my BBQ fix a little cheaper. 🤷🏽‍♂️

20 years later I still don't like the script helmets.  Hopefully I am in the very small minority and people too young to remember them love them.  Go Mean Green

No, the script is hideous. But I get it and it looks better on the current version of green. That darker green with the script was bad.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Meangreen Fight said:

I appreciate the free food at the Alumni Pavilion but as an Alumni member it really isn't free.  I also noticed a stack of unused bricks with tributes on them.  Saw on with 2023 with somebody's name on it.  Does anyone know what are the future plan for the Alumni Pavilion?

The Alumni Pavilion seems like the quintessential poorly managed UNT asset. 

The changes to Verde catering the food for the past two or three seasons have sucked, in my opinion.  And it's not just for alumni; unless it went back to that this season, anyone can come in and get food.  A few of the Advancement people got hot on Twitter about justifying this change when it was done.  I won't pretend I think the Alumni Association gives any member or prospective member a reason to join; the Alumni Pavilion used to be one of the most tangible things you could benefit from.

The two patios are baking in the sun.  The west-facing patio did get sun shades in the past few seasons; the newer east patio cut into the hill has no shade, and you get almost no breeze since the hill it is cut into stops a good bit of airflow.  At a minimum, they need to add the sail sun shades to the east side, too.

At the game today, the Alumni Pavilion was playing coffee house-esque heavy instrumental covers of songs.  I didn't know whether to clap or snap at the end of songs.  If I had a small chair and pillow, I could have taken a nap to the musician.  I know we're a "Music School," but do we have to play folksy Americana-sounding music on game day at the Alumni Pavilion?  You could put in a cheap 70v commercial audio system and play some high-energy music on two speakers pointing on each of the three exterior sides of the building and 2-4 inside the building.

I'd buy a brick, but I figured it would end up in a stack only to be put in when they expand in a decade.

The Alumni Association needs to be stripped down to the studs and have the whole board re-appointed. Non-football events have become non-existent, and the ones we go to (like the Dallas Perot Museum night this past week) seem like big misses because of the lack of organization.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

The Alumni Pavilion seems like the quintessential poorly managed UNT asset. 

The changes to Verde catering the food for the past two or three seasons have sucked, in my opinion.  And it's not just for alumni; unless it went back to that this season, anyone can come in and get food.  A few of the Advancement people got hot on Twitter about justifying this change when it was done.  I won't pretend I think the Alumni Association gives any member or prospective member a reason to join; the Alumni Pavilion used to be one of the most tangible things you could benefit from.

The two patios are baking in the sun.  The west-facing patio did get sun shades in the past few seasons; the newer east patio cut into the hill has no shade, and you get almost no breeze since the hill it is cut into stops a good bit of airflow.  At a minimum, they need to add the sail sun shades to the east side, too.

At the game today, the Alumni Pavilion was playing coffee house-esque heavy instrumental covers of songs.  I didn't know whether to clap or snap at the end of songs.  If I had a small chair and pillow, I could have taken a nap to the musician.  I know we're a "Music School," but do we have to play folksy Americana-sounding music on game day at the Alumni Pavilion?  You could put in a cheap 70v commercial audio system and play some high-energy music on two speakers pointing on each of the three exterior sides of the building and 2-4 inside the building.

I'd buy a brick, but I figured it would end up in a stack only to be put in when they expand in a decade.

The Alumni Association needs to be stripped down to the studs and have the whole board re-appointed. Non-football events have become non-existent, and the ones we go to (like the Dallas Perot Museum night this past week) seem like big misses because of the lack of organization.

Hard to disagree with anything you suggested or critized.   I would love to see the Alumni Pavilion expanded and made into venue organizations associated with UNT or Denton could rent out for events that aren't official Alumni Events.   A venue that lettermen and former coaches would want to come for anniversaries like the ones we had for 2004 and 1994 teams.   

• Upvote 1