***Official Wyoming vs UNT Game Thread***

Harry

9 hours ago, 3_n_out said:

We getting an EM presser tonight or is everyone still too sick to attend?

BTW, did this board seem dead to y’all tonight? Thought we’d have more participation especially with a win. 

The board is usually “dead” when there’s a home game since most people are at the game and service is usually too shit to try to do anything anyway.  

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, C Rod said:

Porter was outstanding and was fun to watch tote the football. Hats off to the OLine for making lanes for Porter to exploit. TV crew made him the player of the game and interviewed him after the win. 

I also want to give a shout out to Coach Cobbs. Year after year it seems our RBs get hit with the injury bug and there’s no panic, only next man up. He always has them ready to go. I tip my cap to you, good sir.

Should’ve given McGill at least coplayer of the game.  Never heard of the guy until last night and he pops 3 TDs!  He reminded me a little of Cobbs.  Stays down, has some wiggle and seems to tuck and duck under and through tackles.

Also, shout out to those unis.  Could take or leave the script, but that all green look was fantastic.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Also, shout out to those unis.  Could take or leave the script, but that all green look was fantastic.

I loved the all green unis!  I didn’t think I would, but they looked great!   

I like the script. The mean green script is nice, but it doesn’t hit like the north Texas.  It might be nostalgic on my end. I was 01-05.  

Not a lot of mentions, but I thought Landon Peterson played well at RT. Moore switched to LT and our previous LT was benched? Other than the holding penalties by Moore, OL held up well. Hope Gabe comes back soon so we can see how this OL really stacks up. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Meangreen Fight said:

Man now this defense has Mean on Green forum violence.  Caponi has to go to insure fan safety. 😂😂

Hell, NOTHING happened to Ramon Flannigan when he literally CHARGED at a fan in the Fouts stands.  Nothing will happen now...

• Oh Boy! 1

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I look forward to seeing @aztecskinor @BillySee58 do a little breakdown of what we were seeing out there. A couple of times it looked like three down lineman with a standup edge rusher (#9). Was that that my imagination?

I assume it was because most of this board was in the stands at the game?

Mentioned it on the podcast this morning (posting now) that it looked like we just dropped our Star safety for a linebacker. We always have two mid-field defenders -- the linebacker and the star. Now the star is just another linebacker. Made sense that we had heavier bodies out there when Wyoming wanted to run with two tight ends. I think its probably going to be more normal on obvious running downs but we will see some 3-3-5 still. Especially situationally.

We also ran our normal Nickel stuff -- with four rushers, five dbs, and two linebackers. That's when Lewis (25) comes in. 

36 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

I'll say I wasn't a fan of the all green. I didn't mind it for a special occasion, but would not want that to be in our regular rotation.

I liked the all green, but I will also say I'm glad we have stayed away from black this year. Our worst look has been mixing up white jerseys/pants with black jerseys/pants and minimal green. Hopefully we're done with that, unfortunately that is still one of softball's primary uniform schemes.

Three things I noticed at the game.  Wyoming QB has the perfect size for a qb but he is really slow running the ball.  Wish our qb had his build but he probably would not be here if he did.  

The TD kickoff return:   I thought we had the angle to get that guy but he put on the burners and we looked slow.

I think I saw the hardest hit on the defense this year.  I wish I knew who it was but I think it was 4 th  down and pass to big a receiver  on the sidelines and some one hit him and knock out of bounds sideways.   That reminded me the old mean green defense.

1 minute ago, southsideguy said:

Three things I noticed at the game.  Wyoming QB has the perfect size for a qb but he is really slow running the ball.  Wish our qb had his build but he probably would not be here if he did.  

The TD kickoff return:   I thought we had the angle to get that guy but he put on the burners and we looked slow.

I think I saw the hardest hit on the defense this year.  I wish I knew who it was but I think it was 4 th  down and pass to big a receiver  on the sidelines and some one hit him and knock out of bounds sideways.   That reminded me the old mean green defense.

They had a couple of plays where they looked really fast.  It could have been the same guy both times.