***Official Wyoming vs UNT Game Thread***

Harry

3 minutes ago, 3_n_out said:

BTW, did this board seem dead to y’all tonight? Thought we’d have more participation especially with a win. 

I stopped reading the board during the games. I check in at halftime and afterwards. Too many people living on every single play. I love roller coasters but this one makes my head spin. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I stopped reading the board during the games. I check in at halftime and afterwards. Too many people living on every single play. I love roller coasters but this one makes my head spin. 

Perfect post. I was fortunate enough to be given club level tonight by my buddies over at East Side.  

the posts at the start of the game look so much sillier by the end of this one.  

Also, not one single mention of Porter??? That kid looked pretty damn good.  I saw he was a wr at ksu last year. Did we convert him over after the price injury?? I see he played a little last week, but he was great tonight.  

• Upvote 3

My wife and I are traveling so I didn't really follow the game at all.  I checked the score once early on when it was close and then I checked again a few hours later and I almost couldn't believe it.  Huge win.  Gonna have to read the game synopsis.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Exactly. It’s a great way to ensure you will be mad throughout the regularly scheduled entertainment.

48 minutes ago, 3_n_out said:

BTW, did this board seem dead to y’all tonight? Thought we’d have more participation especially with a win. 

I don’t know if it’s more of a human-nature thing or just a scarred UNT fan thing but it is pretty apparent people would rather bitch about the team doing poorly than give them their praise when they do well. Especially with someone like Caponi who our fanbase has completely turned on.

It’s one thing that this message board gets flooded with criticism when the defense doesn’t do well, and that we don’t give him much credit when he does do well. It’s another that we have stopped actually analyzing the defense completely. We can admit it will take time to earn good graces back while also paying close attention to what is actually happening, and be honest in our evaluation even if it contradicts feelings we have going in.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Did I hear correctly? Morris mentioned on the post game that they incorporated an extra LB, so more of a 3-4.

I'm going to rewatch the game and keep an eye out on this.

Yeah, Hank also said he noticed when he was watching practice this week that they switched to a 3-4

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Wait. This is a great sentiment but did someone hack your account and post 19 times in this live game thread? If so, you should change your password ASAP. 

• Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1

17 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Did I hear correctly? Morris mentioned on the post game that they incorporated an extra LB, so more of a 3-4.

Yes, he did, but he didn't put it as disagreeing with the alignment.  He said it was about getting their best players on the field, especially Shane Whitter.

It might be partly related to our current shortage of DBs.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1

Was at the game and my phone does not work worth a darn in datcu…especially when there is a decent crowd.  That Wyoming team is not good, but man the team really bounced back well from last week’s debacle.  Defense got multiple hits on their QB for what seems like the first time in forever.  Tackled well, too.  Loved to see it.  

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Wait. This is a great sentiment but did someone hack your account and post 19 times in this live game thread? If so, you should change your password ASAP. 

Did you read where I said I check in at halftime and at the end of the game?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Exactly. It’s a great way to ensure you will be mad throughout the regularly scheduled entertainment.

I don’t know if it’s more of a human-nature thing or just a scarred UNT fan thing but it is pretty apparent people would rather bitch about the team doing poorly than give them their praise when they do well. Especially with someone like Caponi who our fanbase has completely turned on.

It’s one thing that this message board gets flooded with criticism when the defense doesn’t do well, and that we don’t give him much credit when he does do well. It’s another that we have stopped actually analyzing the defense completely. We can admit it will take time to earn good graces back while also paying close attention to what is actually happening, and be honest in our evaluation even if it contradicts feelings we have going in.

This.  100%. Great post!  When you have a blowout win like this, there's nothing to really complain about and our regular complainers can't work their magic.  There's nobody to fire, etc.  Wait until our next loss.  Then the message board will be full of overreactions like let's fire all the coaches, replace the AD, yada, yada, yada.  In the interim, I will very much enjoy the win.  This was great!!

• Upvote 2

Stats that tell the story of the game, in my opinion:

1- 244 yards | Wyoming’s total offense

2- 69 yards | Wyoming’s yards rushing

4- 4-4 | UNT’s 4th Down efficiency

5- 0 | turnovers for either team AND Wyoming points in the second half

6- 4-6 | Wyoming 2nd half possessions that ended in 3 and outs; 1 of the other two was 4 plays

7- 120 | Porter’s rushing yardage in his first career staft

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Cowboy Up said:

Good game fellas… our QB is atrocious.  If this staff and our AD keep their jobs one second after the season is over we won’t have a program left next year.  Just embarrassing.

Good game, and hopefully all the banged up players aren't anything serious. We both seem to be really struggling with that. Hopefully you guys can get things figured out the rest of the year, or that you can make some excellent changes in the off season. We'll be going up to Laramie in a couple of years, so let's make it a good one. 🍻

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Yes… But that’s when we had 12 players on the field . We got caught.