The Althetic reporting 4 AAC schools leaving for the PAC 12 *** FAKE

I mean, that's a good move for both parties. They've got 10 solid G5 names. Its' very weird to see the Pac have a team in Tampa, but its weird to see the ACC have teams in the Bay Area of California.

The AAC can backfill pretty easily. Get Texas State, ULL, MUTS, and Georgia State and you've basically replaced these four TV markets fairly easily.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

If anyone really wants to know what the real Athletic is reporting, it's that the PAC12 is after Tulane and Memphis.

Others the PAC 12 are looking into are UTSA, North Texas, Texas State and South Florida.

Current as of Wednesday. 9/18.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 5

35 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I mean, that's a good move for both parties. They've got 10 solid G5 names. Its' very weird to see the Pac have a team in Tampa, but its weird to see the ACC have teams in the Bay Area of California.

The AAC can backfill pretty easily. Get Texas State, ULL, MUTS, and Georgia State and you've basically replaced these four TV markets fairly easily.

Well I guess we have to hope now that we can find adequate replacements but this is certainly a difficult pill to swallow.

• Upvote 1

• KingDL1 changed the title to The Althetic reporting 4 AAC schools leaving for the PAC 12 *** FAKE
14 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Glad we have a few folks here with enough brain cells to realize this is fake.

At least for now. 

I really can’t fault them too much.  I mean getting a speculative sports story wrong is understandable in today’s political climate with our leaders courting conspiracy theory nuts into the main stream using them to get votes.  

But is also a very sad commentary on the state of College Sports when South Florida moving to the Pacific Coast Conference for money at the expense of everything else make sense based on similar recent conference re-alignment.

28 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

The funniest/saddest part of this was that it fooled our own Brett Vito too.

LMAO. Vito got fooled earlier this week with a fake Pete Thamel account saying Memphis was headed to the PAC. I'm glad our local journalist takes time to double check breaking news before passing it along. 

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

"Get Texas State, ULL, MUTS, and Georgia State"

Sounds like a CUSA re-do.  I'll pass.