UTSA and Traylor likely heading to Pac12

Dannymacfan

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

Well 'IF' we were to receive a invite....AAC can blame themselves for the crummy money deal they gave us. With that said assuming the invite paid better immediately.

The AAC didn't have a choice, ESPN arranged the terms to avoid changing the media deal. The AAC could have taken less teams, but everyone would have gotten a haircut, and judging by the teams they lost it could have been significant. Our deal at least ramps up to match the legacy teams as time goes on.

As the time goes on...10 years?? I'm not advocating either way. But money today is better than tomorrow. It's all speculation anyway.

8 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

The AAC didn't have a choice, ESPN arranged the terms to avoid changing the media deal. The AAC could have taken less teams, but everyone would have gotten a haircut, and judging by the teams they lost it could have been significant. Our deal at least ramps up to match the legacy teams as time goes on.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

As the time goes on...10 years?? I'm not advocating either way. But money today is better than tomorrow. It's all speculation anyway.

No, I was talking about you saying "AAC can blame themselves for the crummy money deal they gave us." The AAC didn't choose the terms, ESPN told them what to do and would not give an additional 3 full shares. I'm just clarifying that it's not the AAC's choice on how the terms were made.

3 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Except heading east is a lot better than heading west.  Heading west means later game times and that means less exposure.  We have a lot of schools in the AAC which are close by.  That would change in the Pac12

You're not seeing the big picture. Whether we move or not, things will change. A lot of AAC schools close by? If UTSA, Tulane, and Memphis leave, who's left? Tulsa and Rice. Now how many AAC schools are close by? That's it. Two schools. So what are the options: join 3 of the close AAC schools in the PAC or stay with 2 of the close AAC schools in the AAC. My choice is easy. Seems we'll be left in the wind though. More visibility? I guess. Nobody is watching us as is. More money will allow us to keep developing the football program or maybe even start the baseball program to join an Oregon State baseball program who's made all but 3 NCAA tournaments since 2005.

• Upvote 2