Improving the Student Game Day Experience

El Paso Eagle

57 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Students have been showing up, I know my daughter has texted the past 2 games going back to the dorm covered in Green Chalk, students are having fun and starting to show up this year more than in the years recently past

This is great to hear. The Mean Green Maniacs initiative seems to be a success so far. I hope both the AD and the Maniacs continue to push the envelope on growing the number of Maniacs that show up and continue implementing new ways to engage them at games (football AND basketball).

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2024 at 12:47 AM, Pavlovs Eagle said:

If you've been at DATCU the last two games, it's pretty clear the band has been sidelined by the DJ playing songs more frequently between plays. Tonight, there were even a few times when the band tried to start playing, and the DJ started or kept going with their music.

I know the old-timers want to hear Fly Like an Eagle, Mr Brightside, and a few other average UNT band songs, but the atmosphere is much better when we aren't subjected to the band being ready to play something between plays. In Q4 tonight, the DJ must have gone on break or was told to let the band play more. As a result, the energy was different from the first three quarters.

We have a way above average band and a way below average DJ. Let the band play.

The Polo ponies were great, run them out every game. Put the riders in red, green, & blue and allow wagering.

• Upvote 2

On 9/22/2024 at 12:47 AM, Pavlovs Eagle said:

If you've been at DATCU the last two games, it's pretty clear the band has been sidelined by the DJ playing songs more frequently between plays. Tonight, there were even a few times when the band tried to start playing, and the DJ started or kept going with their music.

I know the old-timers want to hear Fly Like an Eagle, Mr Brightside, and a few other average UNT band songs, but the atmosphere is much better when we aren't subjected to the band being ready to play something between plays. In Q4 tonight, the DJ must have gone on break or was told to let the band play more. As a result, the energy was different from the first three quarters.

I don't mind the DJ. The problem is that the volume is literally too fking loud. I should be able to talk to the person next to me about the game. My ears shouldn't bleed when I go to take a piss because the volume is at full blast in the bathroom.  

We should be able to strike a balance between the band and the DJ. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I don't mind the DJ. The problem is that the volume is literally too fking loud. I should be able to talk to the person next to me about the game. My ears shouldn't bleed when I go to take a piss because the volume is at full blast in the bathroom.  

We should be able to strike a balance between the band and the DJ. 

I'm sure I'll get an "okay, Boomer" jab for this, but I agree that you should at least be able to talk to the people sitting right next to you at the game.  This isn't an f'n bar/club on Greenville an hour before closing time.

Does anybody have any experience with contacting the AD via email to know whether it actually gets to him or if an intern simply moves it into the trash folder?

I would like to send an email that points out the GOOD things that are being done as well as the bad ones, but if it's worthless, then I won't waste the time.

Here's the email address if anybody else is interested:  Athletic.Director@unt.edu

12 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

Does anybody have any experience with contacting the AD via email to know whether it actually gets to him or if an intern simply moves it into the trash folder?

If you have Twitter, Mosley is pretty responsive. I left my sunglasses at the stadium after the SFA game and he was responding to my messages the same night.