Week 4 Depth Charts

GMG_Dallas

Our running backs have gone from being a major strength to a glaring weakness from the past few years until now.  
As much as I like Harris and hoped for his success, I felt like there were a couple of times on Saturday that a quick, speedy back (such as Evans) could have  had long runs when Harris was limited to 5-10 yard gains.  

I know it was against backups, but I like what I saw of Porter on Saturday.  

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Has it been made "official" that the three suspended players are not coming back?

Nothing official since it was announced they are indefinitely suspended. My totally uninformed opinion is that the school/team is waiting for the legal process to play out before making any further decisions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Has it been made "official" that the three suspended players are not coming back?

I believe I saw a tweet from JD that said at least one of them is no longer with the team. If it's really just trespassing I have no idea why they aren't on the field there has to be more to it. I wouldn't count on seeing any of them play this season.

On that note still no Gabe Blair, who is probably our best offensive lineman. I am wondering if we will see him at all this year.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

I believe I saw a tweet from JD that said at least one of them is no longer with the team. If it's really just trespassing I have no idea why they aren't on the field there has to be more to it. I wouldn't count on seeing any of them play this season.

On that note still no Gabe Blair, who is probably our best offensive lineman. I am wondering if we will see him at all this year.

All 3 are still listed on the roster.

Jasper Lott was on the depth chart yesterday and now removed from the roster list today. So id assume the 3 suspended are at least still available to come back. 

• Upvote 1

The roster in general. I know I haven’t paid the closest attention this season (bc I have so little faith in Morris to succeed and NIL) but the amount of names that are not familiar in that roster is concerning. Down to fourth and fifth string RBs, injuries all along the line, suspended DBs, and no kicker worth a damn. Two true freshmen backup QBs (to a fragile guy) and apparently an INT machine of a starter leaves no real threat of benching Morris if this string of turnovers continues. 
It’s a bit of a mess. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen22 said:

All 3 are still listed on the roster.

Jasper Lott was on the depth chart yesterday and now removed from the roster list today. So id assume the 3 suspended are at least still available to come back. 

I was thinking that they might hold them out until AAC play starts. No information, just a guess. Otherwise, just kick them off the team. Does anyone know if they have been able to participate in practice during the suspension? 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

I was thinking that they might hold them out until AAC play starts. No information, just a guess. Otherwise, just kick them off the team. Does anyone know if they have been able to participate in practice during the suspension? 

Lol kick them off the team but allow them to practice?...What does that mean? 

2 hours ago, WinningCulture_UNT said:

I am also concerned about WR depth.. Reminder that all 3 picks in the Tech game were Freshman WR's fault... One INT this entire year has actually been on C Morris. On top of that, why did our "Most Dynamic WR", DT not get a single touch in the biggest game of the year? Something is off.

image.png.e29d93fad26c019317fed8f2660495e3.png

2 hours ago, WinningCulture_UNT said:

I am also concerned about WR depth.. Reminder that all 3 picks in the Tech game were Freshman WR's fault... One INT this entire year has actually been on C Morris. On top of that, why did our "Most Dynamic WR", DT not get a single touch in the biggest game of the year? Something is off.

I agree that the offensive game plan seemed to be off from the jump. DT was returning kicks so it doesn’t seem injury related. Ward only had two catches. Need to get the ball in their hands.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

image.png.e29d93fad26c019317fed8f2660495e3.png

This is also a problem.. More of an OL issue. IMO. No trust by the staff or QB to stay in the pocket. It also just looks like Chandler doesn't have trust in his WR's. He's hesitating, is that not trusting WR, OL, or both? Either way, the defense is catching alot of heat, and I think the offense needs to step it up as well. Plenty of issues on Offense & Defense need to be fixed. Let's see if it happens.

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Nothing official since it was announced they are indefinitely suspended. My totally uninformed opinion is that the school/team is waiting for the legal process to play out before making any further decisions. 

So after the election? 

Wait, wrong legal process. Carry on.

GMG

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Big Z said:

Lol kick them off the team but allow them to practice?...What does that mean? 

If they aren't going to be reinstated by conference play, kick them off the team. If they are going to be allowed back, I wanted to know if the suspension allows them to practice. If not, after 4-5 weeks, they won't be in shape enough to play this year. 

4 hours ago, Shark84 said:

If they aren't going to be reinstated by conference play, kick them off the team. If they are going to be allowed back, I wanted to know if the suspension allows them to practice. If not, after 4-5 weeks, they won't be in shape enough to play this year. 

Why won't they be in shape? It's no different than a player getting hurt and returning after 5 weeks. Just because they're not practicing with the team, doesn't mean they're not training on their own.