What some are predicting for the Wyoming game

El Paso Eagle

There's a Newtonian law that the performance of North Texas football is inversely proportional to the number of people paying attention.  It would be the most North Texas of North Texas occurrences to push for months for a sellout, get damn near close (even after historic ineptitude last week), and then to suffer an upset loss.  

Wyoming's defense is really not bad, and the NT defensive scheme might be just the jolt their offense needs to wake up.

Wyoming 34

North Texas 27

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 9/17/2024 at 7:51 PM, NT80 said:

Wyoming will have the worst QB and Offense we have seen this season (as stated by their own fans).

I expect a larger point spread. 

Wyoming has only scored 34 total points all season.

And North Texas will have the worst defense that Wyoming has seen as stated by us the fans. I expect a smaller spread. We have allowed 124 points. That's 41.33 points a game. See how easily that statement can be changed to fit us? This defense is bad. We were dead last a year ago.. Now we are 126th. Not much difference.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

It's going to be hot, hopefully that wears down Wyoming some. However, we are so banged up that I expect this to be a close game. If we lose this game (let's say a blow out), it's going to kill attendance for the rest of the year.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 9/19/2024 at 2:08 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

It's so frustrating that almost everyone (except our HC) realizes how bad this defense is.

I’m sure he’s very aware that our defense and DC are bad. However, everyone is already kicking them in the nuts for it. No need for the HC to do the same thing to his own team. And, coach Morris is definitely not off the hook. That’s his hire, so it’s on him too. If Caphony can’t get it done, he should have the insight to help create the game plan/formations/packages, etc…you know, like a real coach would do

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

I have no clue or no feel for this game whatsoever.  I can see us winning big, winning a close one, or losing a close one.  Losing big is the only scenario I can’t see happening.  May as well pick a big win:

Green/white: 42

Brown/yellow: 17

Looking at Wyoming's schedule, we would not have beaten Arizona St or BYU either. Based on our defense, the score would have probably been roughly the same. The Idaho game would have been a toss up, but I think we could have won it based on the strength of our offense. I think these are two very evenly matched teams. I think we pull it off because of weather and homefield advantage, but it will be close. 42-38 Mean Green. We will outscore them because of our passing game. They will run through our defense, but it will be slower because they will have to run more than pass. Because of the slow way they will have to play, they will not be able to keep up points wise.

We eliminate the turnovers on O.
We don't make penalties like in the SFA game (SA: 6-50   SFA:15-122     TT:5-60)
We either make quick scores or methodically move the ball and the heat affects their D.
The D still has some struggles, but I don't think WY has the same level of athletes as Tech and we don't lose as many battles that lead to big runs.  Regarding passing, every other team we've played is closer to AVERAGING more passing yds/game than WY has in TOTAL (~300).  I know it would be typical for us to break that trend, but I don't think it happens.

WY is 0-3 but has played some decent teams:
   Idaho (2-1) is #4 in FCS
   ASU (48-7) is a top 40 team (Interestingly, they play TTech today at 2:30 which may be interesting)
   BYU (34-14) is 3-0 but not tested all that much

All of this leads me to a complete random guess of:
  Greenies: 48
  Pokies: 27

Edited by meaniegreenie