Morris Weekly Press Conference (9/17/2024)

Big Z

12 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Not a terrible conference,  but truly wish Brett would grill him on the DC and defense in general.  Too many softballs

He actually side swiped the defense I thought in that initial response to the Tech game. Obviously he wasn't going to harp on the defense only, but he made a couple of comments I thought where he was frustrated with the D.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, BigWillie said:

He actually side swiped the defense I thought in that initial response to the Tech game. Obviously he wasn't going to harp on the defense only, but he made a couple of comments I thought where he was frustrated with the D.

Had a couple points that look like Eric is getting pretty close to losing his cool with the defense and some of the coaches. I don't know maybe it would be a good thing for him to get pissed off and kick some people's asses

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

Coach Morris seemed a bit nervous but owned up to the embarrassing loss to TTU. He even had countermeasure plans to stop this from happening again, but it sure seems NT's injuries are a factor. Injury and lack of personal were asked about 3 separate times.

The players did a fine job in the press conference.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, BigWillie said:

I thought the same. He mentioned that it is almost impossible to change up the entire defensive scheme at this point in the season. Makes me think he is also questioning the 3-3-5. 

• Upvote 1
  • Pissed 1

2 hours ago, Shark84 said:

He mentioned that it is almost impossible to change up the entire defensive scheme at this point in the season.

I did not realize it was that difficult to continue blowing coverages and missing tackles if you lined up differently.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Shark84 said:

I thought the same. He mentioned that it is almost impossible to change up the entire defensive scheme at this point in the season. Makes me think he is also questioning the 3-3-5. 

I may be dreaming, but I seem to recall him making a similar claim last year too.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, GreenEggs&Ham™ said:

Coach Morris seemed a bit nervous but owned up to the embarrassing loss to TTU. He even had countermeasure plans to stop this from happening again, but it sure seems NT's injuries are a factor. Injury and lack of personal were asked about 3 separate times.

The players did a fine job in the press conference.

Maybe it’s just me, but I get annoyed when they basically give generic answers to everything that’s asked. It feels like they’re just skirting the questions instead of acknowledging the difficulties during certain aspects of the game.