Notre Dame- 66, Purdue - 7 ...........it can happen to a Big10 team too!

NT80

I'm not comparing us to Purdue, because Purdue lost Big at Home!  lol

Notre Dame got beat last week by Northern Illinois.  This week they took out their frustrations on Purdue.

TTech got beat bad last week at Washington State.  This week they took out their frustrations on us.

Next week we take out our frustrations on Wyoming....

• Upvote 9
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 2

16 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Notre Dame got beat last week by Northern Illinois.  This week they took out their frustrations on Purdue.

TTech got beat bad last week at Washington State.  This week they took out their frustrations on us.

Wyoming did lose to a FCS team last week so NT “should” win the game. Don’t expect a blowout though. 

I believe we will take our frustrations out  on the cowboys but I don’t feel better about the massacre on the plains. Tough to watch in person because that hadn’t happened to us in a long time. Next Saturday frustrations are going to fly on the field and in the stands. 

GMG 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

Purdue’s future is secure in the B1G, our future is much less certain.  So, an ass whipping by a ranked ND doesn’t mean much to Purdue.  We’re still trying to build our resume and what we saw today didn’t help.  Sure, there were fluke plays that made the game get out of hand, but we never looked competitive even against Tech’s 2nd and 3rd teams and Tech is supposedly a middle of the pack Big12 team this year.   

30 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

News flash, PAC12 is not considered a power conference anymore. It’s on par with the MW now. 

The New PAC is trying to poach the best of both the MWC and AAC to become the Top G5 conference.   That could bring more negotiating pull with media and perhaps a landing spot for P4's that get purged out of the future Super Conference breakaway. 

9 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Yes. That’s why I said they’re on par with the MW. They are basically the MW now. 

But . . . the MWC is only left with their bottom half now.  How are they on a par with the conference that took their best teams?

Not to mention, the PAC is evidently about to cherry pick the AAC as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they'll be like the PAC of years past.  But they'll clearly be a step above the AAC and MWC.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mean Green 93-98 said:

But . . . the MWC is only left with their bottom half now.  How are they on a par with the conference that took their best teams?

Not to mention, the PAC is evidently about to cherry pick the AAC as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they'll be like the PAC of years past.  But they'll clearly be a step above the AAC and MWC.

and they’ll be another G5 conference. As I stated, the PAC12 is no longer considered a power conference. Their chance vanished when UT & OU didn’t sign on the dotted line 10 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

and they’ll be another G5 conference. As I stated, the PAC12 is no longer considered a power conference. Their chance vanished when UT & OU didn’t sign on the dotted line 10 years ago. 

The top 5 ranked conference champions get a bid to the playoff.  Chances are, the PAC will have one of those 5 bids more often than not.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, NT80 said:

After missing a short field goal everything that could go wrong for UNT did go wrong. We are not that bad and TT is not that good. This is football , and when bad things happen a game can snowball down hill in a hurry. I am optimistic that we will turn things around Saturday.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1

Without even looking at the Purdue fan forum I guarantee there are threads about wanting the HC and/or the Coordinators fired.  It’s a natural fan reaction to a big loss.

But maybe it’s some of the players that need “unemployed”?  Who is making  repeated mistakes and not performing at the expected level… some players, some coaches, combination?

1 hour ago, wardly said:

After missing a short field goal everything that could go wrong for UNT did go wrong. We are not that bad and TT is not that good. This is football , and when bad things happen a game can snowball down hill in a hurry. I am optimistic that we will turn things around Saturday.

I can agree with that. We did the same to USA. We dominated the 3rd quarter because things went bad for them and snowballed in a hurry.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, NT80 said:

Without even looking at the Purdue fan forum I guarantee there are threads about wanting the HC and/or the Coordinators fired.  It’s a natural fan reaction to a big loss.

But maybe it’s some of the players that need “unemployed”?  Who is making  repeated mistakes and not performing at the expected level… some players, some coaches, combination?

I don't know who the safety was, but on tech's very first TD, I told my wife that the slot receiver was going to run a slant route and he was going to be open.   It was 3rd and 10 so they pretty much have to pass it.  What does the safety do?  He steps up for some reason anticipating a run and leaves the area wide open for an easy TD.  What the douchebag is the point of the 3-3-5?  They have no idea what they're doing.  The coaches, nor the players.  Why the douchebag would you step up on a 3rd and 10 at the goalline??

The players are badly coached with no game sense.  If you're going to run the 3-3-5 and get baited that easily, you might as well just have an actual LB or DT up there in the first place, and maybe have a chance at getting pressure on the QB once in a while.  This one was egregious because it was a very obvious pass situation, they got baited all night long when it wasn't so obvious and were torched, over and over again. 

Edited by aprice
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, aprice said:

I don't know who the safety was, but on tech's very first TD, I told my wife that the slot receiver was going to run a slant route and he was going to be open.   It was 3rd and 10 so they pretty much have to pass it.  What does the safety do?  He steps up for some reason anticipating a run and leaves the area wide open for an easy TD.  What the douchebag is the point of the 3-3-5?  They have no idea what they're doing.  The coaches, nor the players.  Why the douchebag would you step up on a 3rd and 10 at the goalline??

The players are badly coached with no game sense.  If you're going to run the 3-3-5 and get baited that easily, you might as well just have an actual LB or DT up there in the first place, and maybe have a chance at getting pressure on the QB once in a while.  This one was egregious because it was a very obvious pass situation, they got baited all night long when it wasn't so obvious and were torched, over and over again. 

Yes, the 3-3-5 was badly exposed by Tech over and over.   Players out of position and biting on QB ball fakes that allowed receivers to run past them and become wide open.  It's past time to shelve this defense and try another defensive scheme (and coordinator).

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2024 at 6:07 PM, NT80 said:

LFG   

VANPASAS.jpg

• Upvote 2