Do we start the who will the next head coach will be now?

southsideguy

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

It’s just one game. This feels like an overreaction. Let’s see what happens vs Wyoming and in conference play.  No team left on our schedule is out of our reach…eh…maybe Memphis. 

We will not beat Wyoming and you know that full well after today.

Edited by Jonnyeagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, aztecskin said:

It’s looking like Morris made a huge mistake with his DC hire at the very least. 

This was embarrassing but I want to judge on American play. So he has a while (for me) at least. 

Sometimes, you can tell as much about a person by the way they handle their failures as how they handle success. Caponi is a failure. Will Morris step up? 

4 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Can’t wait for Morris’ press conference so I can watch him consume a case of drinking water.

It appears to be a sign of being uncomfortable. Don’t be surprised if he just ends up doing the stone cold Steve Austin celebration when the hard questions come up…from Brett Vito. 

Edited by 3_n_out
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Meangreen Fight said:

No, but I am thinking out of box.  I want to bring Dickey on as assistant HC and Quaterbacks Coach.  Dickey would use his connection get quality a DC.  If Morris refuses he can resign and I would be generous and give him 2025 salary.  I don't think this would be unprecedented at the FBS level.  Dickey being a former HC would be the weird part. 

That would be about the only thing that would make me give up NT football fandom. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

It’s just one game. This feels like an overreaction. Let’s see what happens vs Wyoming and in conference play.  No team left on our schedule is out of our reach…eh…maybe Memphis. 

It is a season plus of being the worst defense in the country. 

• Upvote 3

Caponi needs to go. He had the worst defense in the country last year. He gives up position coaching so that he can concentrate on being the DC and we are still bad. Yes, we beat USA, but it wasn't because the defense stopped them. They had more yards on offense than we did. We beat them because of their special teams mistake and our offense. This defense has not improved. We beat SFA only because the offense was more methodical and didn't put our defense out there as much. We have seen enough after 15 games and he is not it.

• Upvote 3

I understand long term, guaranteed contracts for highly sought after coaches with a track record of success at the FBS level.  I do, that's the only way to bring in someone with skins on the wall.

However, I don't see why we have to guarantee money to first time (FBS) coaches and coordinators for 5 years.  Imagine getting that kind of runway at your job.  You can douchebag up for FIVE YEARS, with pay, before suffering any consequences.  Is there any precedent for writing in clauses that give the university the option to terminate if certain metrics aren't satisfied?  Like you need to get 6 wins by year 2, 8 by year 3, etc?  

We are in a new era of college football.  At a school like UNT, you are going to lose half your roster each year no matter what, the continuity and 4 year development cycles are over.   Its no longer an excuse to say "I need to get my guys in here", that just isn't an issue anymore.

Edited by aprice