Do we start the who will the next head coach will be now?

southsideguy

7 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Someone needs to be hard on Morris..

This is one of the most cush jobs in FBS. 

We have just enough resources to pay big salaries, but not enough to buy out contracts.  Also the old guard who the MGSF and Advancement people run around and court have seen enough bad seasons to say "aww shucks!" after a bad season and not "let's do something about it."

The AD position is similar.  

You kiss enough old guard NTSU Hub Club people's ass and make them feel seen you'll be able to have 10+ years of bad football while sitting in the AD chair.  You might not find yourself a P4 job next like Wren did, but you could probably leverage the role into a P4 Assistant AD in a non powerhouse school and keep moving up.

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

No, but I am thinking out of box.  I want to bring Dickey on as assistant HC and Quaterbacks Coach.  Dickey would use his connection get quality a DC.  If Morris refuses he can resign and I would be generous and give him 2025 salary.  I don't think this would be unprecedented at the FBS level.  Dickey being a former HC would be the weird part. 

• Puking Eagle 1

I've spent most of the afternoon trying to find a positive from today's embarrassment, but can't. Why do our boys always sh!t the bed. And I'm not just calling out the players. This is a systemic problem with our athletic department.

Texas State lost this week too, but at least they were in their game until the end, and they beat the crap out of UTSA this season too. He could be our coach right now. Think about that for just a minute.

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I've spent most of the afternoon trying to find a positive from today's embarrassment, but can't. Why do our boys always sh!t the bed. And I'm not just calling out the players. This is a systemic problem with our athletic department.

Texas State lost this week too, but at least they were in their game until the end, and they beat the crap out of UTSA this season too. He could be our coach right now. Think about that for just a minute.

It was an absolute embarrassment to North Texas and I am ashamed as a UNT alumnus.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

It was an absolute embarrassment to North Texas and I am ashamed as a UNT alumnus.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1