Tech took Pity on Morris

Jonnyeagle

6 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Today sucked.  But I don't think it's bottom 5 since our return to 1-A bad.

1.  2015 Portland State 7-66

2.  2008 Rice 20-77

3.  2005 Tulsa 2-54

4.  2007 OU 10-79

5.  1999 LSU 0-52

Sadly they could have put 80 to 90 points on us today but took pity on us. The first half of this was about as bad as anything above, outside of possibly Portland State.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

2.  2008 Rice 20-77

3.  2005 Tulsa 2-54

4.  2007 OU 10-79

5.  1999 LSU 0-52

The fact that we are even discussing a game being included on this list is all that really needs to be said. Abject failure.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Sadly they could have put 80 to 90 points on us today but took pity on us.

Maybe.  The same could definitely be said about any of those other games I listed, with the possible exception of Portland State.  In that Rice game, our guys (with the exception of Tobe Nwigwe) flat out quit, just like the Portland State debacle.  For all the problems exposed today, and for all the dumb mistakes, I mostly saw guys continue to play hard.

Embarrassing. But these losses absolutely have zero effect on me now. I just go, meh. So is the life of Mean Green football. This program peaked in the modern era through Dickey and McCarney’s time. Sad to say it, but that’s the best we’ve got. Now with NIL and the crazy landscape of college football, NT is watching the train leave the station. 

• Upvote 3

They definitely could have hung 90+ points. Alot of their starters didn’t even play 2nd half. Gotta wait and see how we do in AAC play. If we aren’t competitive by next year in our conference, which would be this staffs 3rd year, then we can have discussions of change. I think we are jumping the gun before hand. This was bad but we just had everything go wrong today, sometimes it does happen. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

2.  2008 Rice 20-77

3.  2005 Tulsa 2-54

4.  2007 OU 10-79

5.  1999 LSU 0-52

I was at 2-4 and they were not as bad as yesterday. The Rice game isn’t quite as bad as it looks when you consider Clement and Dillard hold the NCAA record for quarterback-receiver touchdown connections.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I was at 2-4 and they were not as bad as yesterday. The Rice game isn’t quite as bad as it looks when you consider Clement and Dillard hold the NCAA record for quarterback-receiver touchdown connections.

I was at the Rice game in Houston. It wasn’t even that close. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I was at the Rice game in Houston. It wasn’t even that close. 

As was I, Clement and Dillard were automatic. They went 10-3 and won their bowl game that year. Texas Tech won’t be winning 10 games this year.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

2.  2008 Rice 20-77

3.  2005 Tulsa 2-54

4.  2007 OU 10-79

5.  1999 LSU 0-52

I travelled to the TTU game and came away feeling very similar to how I felt after traveling to the Rice game in 2008.   It prompted me to look to see how the Mean Green bounced back from that Rice game.  It’s not for the faint of heart.  There is no way this season goes down the 2008 path…I hope.  https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/schedule/2008

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1

On 9/14/2024 at 3:03 PM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

2.  2008 Rice 20-77

3.  2005 Tulsa 2-54

4.  2007 OU 10-79

5.  1999 LSU 0-52

Sadly I was at the first 4 games on your list (plus the TT loss on Saturday).  I think I need hazard pay or a therapy dog at this point.

• Upvote 3

Whether it’s been getting murdered by Tech, manhandled by UH, or getting embarrassed by SMU, the problem has always been that we get clobbered by teams that our fans want us to be able to compete with…and we don’t. We just roll over and get crushed. That’s beyond embarrassing. This isn’t including losses to SEC giants, but in state schools’ alums that we live near and work with everyday. 

Saturday was amongst the lowest points ever for me as a Mean Green alum. I got shit talked by an ACU alum…and had no reply. ACU.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1