NOW can we be honest?

emmitt01

34 minutes ago, 3_n_out said:

I feel like Chandler Morris is rushing to make his reads to get rid of the ball. Feels like when we played against USA, he was making the correct decision and wasn’t in such a hurry. Our OL was better pass blocking today, but still Morris seemed to be rushing his throws. I know it’s the air raid offense, but shouldn’t you know when to slow it down some plays?

Similarly, I wonder if some of his throws are too "strong", especially given the situation.
Yes, a good receiver should catch the ball if it it hits them in the hands, but the QB shouldn't make it more difficult by "burning it in" when it isn't necessary.

Maybe the excitement of gameday is causing him to throw differently than in practice and surprising the receivers??

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

The place is run by clowns. And wear your Mean Green gear out and about and most people who see you will be thinking 'Oh there's a clown.'

LOL!!! Only if you’re outside the Denton city limits. Dentonites love their Green Nose wearing clowns.  🤡 

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

I'm tired of sitting on bad hires for X number of seasons after they should have been fired.

Tired of sitting on bad coordinators when they can be swapped out mid season.

Wrong hires happen! Humans make mistakes! But, man! We aren't sitting at the bottom of the Sun Belt's budget list anymore.  These assistants shouldn't be bathing in these salaries while their units sit at the bottom of the national statistics.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I'm tired of sitting on bad hires for X number of seasons after they should have been fired.

Tired of sitting on bad coordinators when they can be swapped out mid season.

Wrong hires happen! Humans make mistakes! But, man! We aren't sitting at the bottom of the Sun Belt's budget list anymore.  These assistants shouldn't be bathing in these salaries while their units sit at the bottom of the national statistics.

Same. Tired of the excuses.

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1

North Texas made a mistake leaving I-AA, and now Texas State and Sam Houston are following down the same path of mediocrity leading to apathy and eventually oblivion. Thankfully SFA knows their place and rejoined the Southland Conference earlier this year.

I-AA national championship and playing SFA, SHSU, TxSt, and eventually UTSA and UTRGV annually instead of a direction Louisiana school or F_U and a bowl game win at the Cotton Bowl that wasn't the Cotton Bowl wasn't worth moving up for after all. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 13
  • Puking Eagle 2

6 minutes ago, DentonTechsan said:

North Texas made a mistake leaving I-AA, and now Texas State and Sam Houston are following down the same path of mediocrity leading to apathy and eventually oblivion. Thankfully SFA knows their place and rejoined the Southland Conference earlier this year.

I-AA national championship and playing SFA, SHSU, TxSt, and eventually UTSA and UTRGV annually instead of a direction Louisiana school or F_U and a bowl game win at the Cotton Bowl that wasn't the Cotton Bowl wasn't worth moving up for after all. 

Gee, thanks for coming over and kicking us after you beat the crap out of us. You’re the guy who mocks the homeless when you drive by in your leased BMW. The BMW you get paid for from your rich family.

Must be nice.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

4 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

Similarly, I wonder if some of his throws are too "strong", especially given the situation.

I did notice that. He seemed to have a lot of zip on short passes. But, I’ve also seen his WRs drop perfect passes on 3rd down which would extend the drive, so…IDK. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Why don't we see how the season finishes out?   

We were all saying the same things after the Cal loss last year.  

Nobody is getting fired after week 3.....maybe at Florida, but not at UNT.  lol

NT might win 3 more games. The defense is that bad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

59 minutes ago, NT80 said:

I mean the fanbase wasn’t really onboard with this hire to begin with. What are we expecting reaction wise? People are pissed and they should be.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

I’m with you, but I’ll say Florida ( nor any other team) would fire their coach after 3 games if the team was 2-1.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NT93 said:

I’m with you, but I’ll say Florida ( nor any other team) would fire their coach after 3 games if the team was 2-1.

If FL fires Napier, I'd be happy taking him off their hands... for the same reasons I was on board with Fuente, and Brown (who wound up not being fired).   Even though they're struggling at the P5 level, they showed they could succeed (bowl wins, conf championships, top25 rankings, etc...) at the G5 level.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Coach "O" is. The south Dallas high school jumping assistant coach that showed up to Eric Morris' office begging for a job while assumingly telling Morris that he wouldn't open up just pipelines, but LA freeways to the likes of Oak Cliff, Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill, Lancaster, etc etc. 

He is Morris' second worst hire behind ole Craponi. 

Those towns are all middle class or lower middle class. 
In our shoes, why not focus on recruiting rich kids?
Rich kids don’t need the NIL as bad and would be less likely to leave here for more money if they like their role on the team. 
$100,000 is a lot of money if your momma is working two jobs. If your dad is the president of a bank, then $100,000 is just another $100,000. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

We are not a “real” D1 program.  

We just got skull drug by Texas Tech…not Alabama, not Oregon, not Clemson, we got beat down by a team that should have lost to Abilene Christian.  Don’t let their performance against Caponi’s defense fool you, that is not some powerhouse we just lost to.  

Many of you think that NIL and the transfer portal have created a divide between the “big boys” and everyone else…we were well on the other side of that divide before NIL  

Memphis just put Florida State at 0-3…and, no, it doesn’t matter that Florida State is down right now, we would have lost to them by 30+ today.  There is a reason people mention Memphis in realignment talks and not us.  We may share a league, but we are not the same.  

It pains me to say all this, but nobody who isn’t on North Texas’ payroll could see things any differently. 

And yet they want our hard earned dollars to invest in NIL and facilities and whatnot. What a joke!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

41 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If FL fires Napier, I'd be happy taking him off their hands... for the same reasons I was on board with Fuente, and Brown (who wound up not being fired).   Even though they're struggling at the P5 level, they showed they could succeed (bowl wins, conf championships, top25 rankings, etc...) at the G5 level.

I think the “Fire Morris” stuff is ridiculous, but if/when Napier becomes available…I might jump on the bandwagon.

• Upvote 3

Maybe I'll expand on this later, but:

Look, let's be honest. There is a cancer SOMEWHERE within this university. We have the funding, we have the donors, we have a fan base, we have the facilities.  So why is it the same shit every fking season?  Time and time again, we have a big win. Time and time again, we have a chance to break through. Then, we shit the bed. We make a hire, and that hire falls flat. Maybe they will have some success, sometimes it's a string of success. Then SOMETHING happens, and we come crashing back down. Then it's back to the same bullshit, until we've "had enough", and we fire one coach and hire a new one.  It's the same song and dance EVERY FKING TIME.   Only this time, the hire has proven to be a dud quicker than most. Again, be honest, the Morris hire was a big WTF to most of us, but we were willing to give him a chance.  Anyone being objective had, even in the slightest, a feeling early on last year that Morris was giving off Benford vibes.  We all saw the change in Littrell's attitude when he lost out on the KState job. Looking back, he saw that was his chance, and when he lost it, he started getting affected by this cancer somewhere.  We need to take a HARD look at our university and figure out who is this cancer. Who is it that has such a grip on this university that he/she/or they all have. Once we find out who those people are, they are treated like a cancer. You remove it. 

Once they are discovered, they have to be removed, whatever the cost, no matter what it takes. 

You kill the cancer, before it kills you. 

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3

2 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I think the “Fire Morris” stuff is ridiculous, but if/when Napier becomes available…I might jump on the bandwagon.

Gary Patterson was a consultant with UT and separated ways last I heard. I don’t know if he still wants to coach after being fired by TCU, but I believe he would bring instant credibility and attention. Perhaps he could be waiting on the Baylor job, but I wouldn’t close the door on Dave Arranda either. 

• Upvote 1

That is why an athletic town hall with President Keller would go a long way to keeping fans engaged. This fanbase has been through a grinder. There are always unknowns and dramatic cliff falls. There have been some ups and Grant was able to bust through the expected. But he’s the only one. It’s quite strange indeed. If all these schools around us, even those in nearby states can experience football euphoria and we sit in this recruiting pool and can’t even win a bowl in a decade. It’s hard to be this predictable and bad. 

Yes it was blowout Saturday across the country, but the shambolic performance was not expected.

GMG

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Maybe I'll expand on this later, but:

Look, let's be honest. There is a cancer SOMEWHERE within this university. We have the funding, we have the donors, we have a fan base, we have the facilities.  So why is it the same shit every fking season?  Time and time again, we have a big win. Time and time again, we have a chance to break through. Then, we shit the bed. We make a hire, and that hire falls flat. Maybe they will have some success, sometimes it's a string of success. Then SOMETHING happens, and we come crashing back down. Then it's back to the same bullshit, until we've "had enough", and we fire one coach and hire a new one.  It's the same song and dance EVERY FKING TIME.   Only this time, the hire has proven to be a dud quicker than most. Again, be honest, the Morris hire was a big WTF to most of us, but we were willing to give him a chance.  Anyone being objective had, even in the slightest, a feeling early on last year that Morris was giving off Benford vibes.  We all saw the change in Littrell's attitude when he lost out on the KState job. Looking back, he saw that was his chance, and when he lost it, he started getting affected by this cancer somewhere.  We need to take a HARD look at our university and figure out who is this cancer. Who is it that has such a grip on this university that he/she/or they all have. Once we find out who those people are, they are treated like a cancer. You remove it. 

Once they are discovered, they have to be removed, whatever the cost, no matter what it takes. 

You kill the cancer, before it kills you. 

Based off of history, the cancer will kill off the fans before any of us will kill it. Look, we absolutely nuked the program’s fanbase in 1983 with the 1-AA debacle and stayed there for 12 freaking years. Even if we didn’t have a huge fanbase back then, we had fans, we had alumni, we had students. I’d venture that 98% of them became t-shirt fans of the big power programs and the pro teams around here. Well, today, when we need money, guess what? The richest people tend to be old. Those folks over the age of 65, that would’ve graduated anytime before 1983, we lost them. So now, we are incredibly gracious for the UNT 17, hell maybe it’s the UNT 30 by now, but that’s nothing compared to what the other programs have for followings. And the City of Denton actively sabotaged the citizenry against the program for decades, too.

The cancer is the culture and the culture is the apathetic nature of expectations here. It never changes because it really can’t change. And when it did, from the Fry years, they literally couldn’t wait to tear the thing down. It’s just a weird place. It drives you crazy /!: mostly it ends up driving people away, eventually. 

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 2