Very disappointed in Morris

Jonnyeagle

There is emotionally charged knee jerking to a degree.  At the end of the year , if we are less than 7-5 and not in a bowl game then you look at the head coach.  If 7-5 or better then the head coach makes his own decisions based on assistant coaches’ performance.  It’s very possible we are 4-1 in 2 weeks  

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

Morris DC was terrible last year ..Morris kept him...he's terrible this year...a pure reflection on Morris and his leadership qualities..

To me this is a glaring issue of his inexperience. I also look at this sort of like when Dodge was allowed to put together such a pathetic staff. When the defense performs the dead last year there should have been a change at coordinator. No way of sugarcoating it or anything else when you finish last in the nation in football on defense there should have been a change.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Victorygreen04 said:

Curious to hear his press conference after the game. I am extremely disappointed in this team and especially the defense. 52 points in a half…

Morris: “This is a game that we just need to turn the page. We were terrible in all three phases. We weren’t ready to play…I didn’t get them ready to play. At the end of the day, it’s only one loss. And, we’ll be picking up our jockstraps on the way to the bus. “

…probably

• Haha 2

Can we question the transfers Morris and Company recruited because none appear to be showing up. We have 3 DBs who chose to be stupid and get suspended. Morris appears to be showing why he is on Team #4 in 5 yrs. 

Price was looking solid until the unfortunate injury; Harris had a big game against SFA but then was down big time against TTU

1 hour ago, mgfan said:

How Caponi still has a job is beyond me. 

He has a job because Morris came to UNT wanting to run a 3-3-5 and Caponi had 3 years of P4 experience at one of the only schools that's run it well (Iowa St). Sadly, Caponi was probably the most qualified coach we could have hired.  IMO, Morris is the one responsible for the disastrous defense we've seen the last 2 years. 

Last year should have been a wakeup call that the 3-3-5 was not going to work, but instead of changing course they doubled down and the DBs they brought in to help are now suspended. It's a true shit show. 

• Upvote 1