🔥🔥🔥Official UNT vs Texas Tech IN-GAME DISCUSSION🚨🚨🚨

Cooke County Kid

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Good point. That's why he needs to make a change of defensive coordinator immediately. To use the analogy of a CEO it's like that we had the highest paid sales rep in our industry and he sucked and yet we continue to pay in the same salary and brought him back. You are correct that does rightfully question Morris's decision making.

Yup. The problem is you can't learn a new defensive playbook/scheme during a season. Maybe other teams have done it, I'm ignorant if others have made it happen. If we continue to be terrible on defense Morris has essentially wasted a whole year by not fixing a clear and glaring issue. I've talked about it before, he made his choice to keep Caponi, he needs to bear the consequences of that choice.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Good point. That's why he needs to make a change of defensive coordinator immediately. To use the analogy of a CEO it's like that we had the highest paid sales rep in our industry and he sucked and yet we continue to pay in the same salary and brought him back. You are correct that does rightfully question Morris's decision making.

No, NT certainly does not need to change the DO now; because it would probably only make the situation worse.   DC's working for a Lynch type hc are at a tremendous disadvantage.  Do any of you really think that it is easy to get good defensive players for a team that is obviously offensive focused. 

I think the 3 man front defense is a failure, but the recruits were recruited on the basis of that formation.   To try to make a change at this point would be foolish.

Tech was a superior team with superior athletes, the game should have been closer but NT only chance for a win was a great game by QB Morris and that didn't happen.  The game was in Lubbock and Tech was fired up and NT couldn't match their athletes or intensity. 

HC Morris should be judged and will be judged on the season not one game.  

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

No, NT certainly does not need to change the DO now; because it would probably only make the situation worse.   DC's working for a Lynch type hc are at a tremendous disadvantage.  Do any of you really think that it is easy to get good defensive players for a team that is obviously offensive focused

Sorry, this is BS. As a HC you are responsible to field a competitive team and that includes the Defense. If you go with your logic, why and the hell use a "gimmick" Defense that requires special types of players?

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I think the 3 man front defense is a failure, but the recruits were recruited on the basis of that formation.   To try to make a change at this point would be foolish.

Chandler Morris had his monster game against South Alabama and their 3-3-5. Coincidence?

Tech was a superior team with superior athletes, the game should have been closer but NT only chance for a win was a great game by QB Morris and that didn't happen.  The game was in Lubbock and Tech was fired up and NT couldn't match their athletes or intensity. 

If you are a G5 program and cannot get motivated for a game like this then you have serious HC issues

He had a full season to judge Caponi - AND DID NOTHING. Sometimes in life you have to admit your mistakes and move on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

13 minutes ago, NT91 said:

NT will go to a bowl game this season.

Maybe.  I see 7 possible wins remaining on our schedule.  But outside of Temple, I don't see many likely wins.

9 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

#Hit6  with so many Bowls should not be our goal. We need to stop trying to set the lowest level of expectations.

At this point, what do you think would be a good, but realistic, expectation for the rest of the season?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Yup. The problem is you can't learn a new defensive playbook/scheme during a season. Maybe other teams have done it, I'm ignorant if others have made it happen. If we continue to be terrible on defense Morris has essentially wasted a whole year by not fixing a clear and glaring issue. I've talked about it before, he made his choice to keep Caponi, he needs to bear the consequences of that choice.

And if you program has given the HC too much money to afford to make him "bear the consequences" what then?   The HC leadership is a reflection of Athletic Department's leadership:  Giving mediocrity too much financial security in my opinion.  Eric to his credit wasn't greedy with his first contract allocating more money for assistant coaches.  But it looks like he wasn't prudent with that allocation. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Maybe.  I see 7 possible wins remaining on our schedule.  But outside of Temple, I don't see many likely wins.

At this point, what do you think would be a good, but realistic, expectation for the rest of the season?

Blue - Win  Yellow - loss
image.png.27b3da2d5b55d95487298d065ecf1bfb.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Meangreen Fight said:

And if you program has given the HC too much money to afford to make him "bear the consequences" what then?   The HC leadership is a reflection of Athletic Department's leadership:  Giving mediocrity too much financial security in my opinion.  Eric to his credit wasn't greedy with his first contract allocating more money for assistant coaches.  But it looks like he wasn't prudent with that allocation. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Then you keep looking higher up the chain and find out what isn't working, because someone's choices might have cost us 2 years of wasted resources.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

No, NT certainly does not need to change the DO now; because it would probably only make the situation worse.   DC's working for a Lynch type hc are at a tremendous disadvantage.  Do any of you really think that it is easy to get good defensive players for a team that is obviously offensive focused. 

Ok, so out of his 15 games he has coached, how many has he been the better coach?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Then you keep looking higher up the chain and find out what isn't working, because someone's choices might have cost us 2 years of wasted resources.

There's a prevalent conundrum....what makes it work: the team winning and making the fans show up and give or the fans show up and give makes the team win.  Truth we all know is that it is both.  

The wealthy donors are probably exhausted and shouldnt be counted on...the fans who do their best shouldnt be chastized...the fans who do nothing and only complain will continue to get what they get.  But I also understand a middle class family not wasting time and money on continued dissapointment.  At this point, I think that things like discipline (e.g. limiting stupid penalties) are good testaments to the program's gratitude and effort to reward the fans...I get upset when I don't see that.  I understand talent is difficult to attract but discipline is a choice where talent isn't.  

Show us you care.  Show some FIGHT.  Show some discipline.  Get beat by a better team but show up and have some PRIDE!

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Thanks to Tech for not scoring a hundred, which they could have.  

Only one game, but a horrible one. 

True.

Tech barely beat Abilene Christian at home in their season opener. They won in overtime 52-51.

So Tech has really improved? Or Abilene Christian is really really good? Or we just suck? Or some combination of all of them? 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

There's a prevalent conundrum....what makes it work: the team winning and making the fans show up and give or the fans show up and give makes the team win.  Truth we all know is that it is both.  

The wealthy donors are probably exhausted and shouldnt be counted on...the fans who do their best shouldnt be chastized...the fans who do nothing and only complain will continue to get what they get.  But I also understand a middle class family not wasting time and money on continued dissapointment.  At this point, I think that things like discipline (e.g. limiting stupid penalties) are good testaments to the program's gratitude and effort to reward the fans...I get upset when I don't see that.  I understand talent is difficult to attract but discipline is a choice where talent isn't.  

Show us you care.  Show some FIGHT.  Show some discipline.  Get beat by a better team but show up and have some PRIDE!

So, as a father of three teenagers, two years ago, I decided that I needed Saturdays back with the family, especially not liking the portal situation and how CFb was getting even more lopsided toward the power teams. The money I’ve saved, the time I’ve given back to my family, and the use of those funds toward trips and other forms of entertainment has been amazing. When I don’t back and watch a game here or there, like I did today with us vs TT, I’m reminded at just how much I don’t miss the pain of money and time lost. It’s just not my cup of tea—know maybe I’ll change as the kids grow up and move on, but for now, I’ll be shocked if you miss it if you decide to walk away from being a season ticket holder.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1