🔥🔥🔥Official UNT vs Texas Tech IN-GAME DISCUSSION🚨🚨🚨

Cooke County Kid

5 minutes ago, James said:

Absolutely unacceptable.

We need someone authentically invested.

He also gets there about a minute before the show starts. He does shake a few hands....of fans. But he leaves after 30 minutes....and goes to another room...eats and then leaves.

With McCarney and Littrell....they both stayed until the end....and even interacted with fans....for 5-10 minutes or so...after the show. 

Not Eric. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Well, it looks like we're at the cross roads of being a Todd Dodge/2015 Dan McCarney team.

This is embarrassing, and really makes me not want to go to another game this season. But I drank the green kool-aid and renewed my tickets. Hopefully someone buys them when I list on seat geek.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

The transfer portal has nothing to do with today's game. Other teams, including G5 teams are doing fine despite the portal. 

And other teams are doing badly. You have to win the portal every year in the chaos era of college football. So many players left UNT that we began this season with the most new arrivals in the FBS.

Look at FSU. Norvell hit on a bunch of transfers last season and went undefeated before the postseason. He missed on a bunch this season and our conference mate Memphis is about to drop them to 0-3 at Doak.

None of this is offered as an excuse for Eric Morris. He has the same opportunity to bring in players as any other team at our level.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Green Mean said:

I think because if we can ever figure it out and know and understand how to run a proper athletics program then I do think anything is possible.

Sooooo….. how long do we give this thing?    Haven’t had a coach over .500 since Fry.   Seth was .500 and we couldn’t wait to run him out of town.  

how long does it take to “figure it out?”

how much harder is it going to be with free transfers and NIL?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Venson said:

Maybe I am a conspiracy theorist, but we have like 5 coaches on our coaching staff that are Tech alumni, could it be that they didn't want to win this game so as not to embarrass their alma mater or are we really just this bad?

I guess I am hoping we are just not this bad. I am hoping we roll the rest of the season.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

For any in town fans might I suggest a Two Docs brewery or Good Line for the drowning of sorrows. The Plaza has decent Tex-Mex food, but better margaritas. Tech Cafe is a good locally owned breakfast chain if you’re staying the night here. Caprock Cafe and Triple J Chophouse are good dinner options.

Good barbecue options include Rejino’s up in Olton and Evie Mae’s in Wolforth. Both were Texas Monthly top 50 (2021 list I think).
(sorry for the late post-I didn’t think about posting here until I was at the game).

I thought you gave up on sports and decided to just go camping…. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 minutes ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

Small example, we have held season tickets for various years and sports over the last 30 years, graduating from UNT.  Never get communication from athletics or the University.  I follow another school and get weekly emails from them.  Never went to that school, never signed up to receive emails, and never had season tickets in any sport.

My sons went to UF and one goes to FSU. I get more email from their athletic departments than I ever do from UNT, despite being a small donor at various times over the years.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

What does this say

It says after this game nobody on our team should get a dime of the NIL! A coach should be fired and not paid. That’s what this says. I’m sick of sports pretending to be competitive when it is not. They have nothing to lose. Give them something to lose and work to even the playing field. 

You really believe we should still be paying Littrell? We should pay players who cannot win? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

Sooooo….. how long do we give this thing?    Haven’t had a coach over .500 since Fry.   Seth was .500 and we couldn’t wait to run him out of town.  

Nah, fk that. We've seen what Morris has, and it ain't shit. 

• Upvote 3

There will always be Portland state and everything else. Seriously.

It’s a gut punch knowing UTSA probably gets the pac invite this week. Sick that that program flew right by. They can have even them and their ridiculous basketball program. 

We are still 2-1 after today. Going into a must rebound game next week. This will be the worst beat down we experience this year. The worst in person for a long time. 

Get through second half no injuries. Get Morris out of there. 

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, TripleGrad said:

One problem is that nobody in the athletic department views UNT as a final position.  Everyone (now including the players) appears to be looking for the Bigger Better Deal and doing the bare minimum to keep the current gig.

Being a stepping stone would require winning.  I'm fine with that if we win but we don't so they just come here to die. 

3 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

I still want 7 wins this season. I'm not giving that up as my yardstick of success until it's mathematically impossible, and maybe not even then.

4 minutes ago, rcade said:

None of this is offered as an excuse for Eric Morris. He has the same opportunity to bring in players as any other team at our level.  

That’s just it.  He did bring in players at our level.  THIS is our level. THIS is the level of players we can attract.

There is a reason why most of our FBS transfers weren’t in the 2-deep.  There’s a reason why the FCS/JUCO kids were FCS/JUCO.   

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

Im sorry but you cant possibly think keeping Littrell was the right thing to do regardless of anything else.

He was a .500 HC who ran a mess of a program, couldn’t win bowl games and after his first 3yrs couldn’t put together a winning season. He also didn’t care after he missed out on the Kansas State job after the 2018 season. 

It was the right thing to fire Littrell, they just made a very poor hire after him. Just because the next hire is worse doesn’t make the previous one the right guy for the job

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I thought you gave up on sports and decided to just go camping…. 

Hunting (sometimes I camp to enable hunting). 
I have almost completely quit watching sports. My daughter is a senior at Tech and I go to 2-3 games every season as a result. As a bonus, I’ve been able to get to a few baseball games here. Not to pick at old wounds, but UNT still needs baseball. It should be a sport where they could become competitive…

18 minutes ago, SUMG said:

If you want more ammo on Morris and on how little he gives a shit about UNT:

His radio show is at Rudy's from 6-7 on Thursdays.

Week 1: He wasn't at the show......took the team to the women's soccer game. The soccer game started at 7.....but I guess he couldn't do both.

Weeks 2-4: He does 30 minutes of the show...then leaves. DB always gives an excuse. But he doesn't leave the premises of Rudy's....he goes to another room and chats/eats with Dept. staffers.

BTW...look up his contract. He makes $300,000 for a radio/TV stipend. 

So the little guy doesn't give a shit....just looks at us as a stepping stone. And if we had an AD with any balls....he'd telling the f'ing football coach to be at his radio show for the full hour. 

May seem like a little thing….but he was interviewed by Dave Campbell Football and he’s not wearing UNT gear. That’s a simple way to show you have pride in North Texas. He’s the head coach.  

all these little things…..

If he doesn’t care about this school,  how can he lead a team of players to be invested? 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SUMG said:

He also gets there about a minute before the show starts. He does shake a few hands....of fans. But he leaves after 30 minutes....and goes to another room...eats and then leaves.

With McCarney and Littrell....they both stayed until the end....and even interacted with fans....for 5-10 minutes or so...after the show. 

Not Eric. 

I never understood the Morris hire.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1