🔥🔥🔥Official UNT vs Texas Tech IN-GAME DISCUSSION🚨🚨🚨

Cooke County Kid

For any in town fans might I suggest a Two Docs brewery or Good Line for the drowning of sorrows. The Plaza has decent Tex-Mex food, but better margaritas. Tech Cafe is a good locally owned breakfast chain if you’re staying the night here. Caprock Cafe and Triple J Chophouse are good dinner options.

Good barbecue options include Rejino’s up in Olton and Evie Mae’s in Wolforth. Both were Texas Monthly top 50 (2021 list I think).
(sorry for the late post-I didn’t think about posting here until I was at the game).

It's so sad.  So many of us care and there are so many of us who could have a great time supporting this program but its perpetual disappointment.  Every chance we have to prove we are a tough program we shit the bed.  I think we can compete on a certain level and part of me is angry at NIL/Portal stuff bc we've had so much turnover so I don't think it's all just on Morris.  He definitely shoudl've had this team more mentally prepared though.  These guys give up, play undisciplined and even wag a finger down by a zillion.  Stupid.  Shitty.  Sick of it and the AD needs to know.  Pointless emails will be sent but I'm done with my expectations and encourage everyone else to do so.  It's insanely embarrassing to the amount of time and money I've spent on this.  I feel for all of you who have given to this program.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, aprice said:

In the age of the transfer portal, where all of your good players will just leave at the end of each season... Can someone tell me why we sign unproven head football coaches to 5 years contracts?  

The transfer portal has nothing to do with today's game. Other teams, including G5 teams are doing fine despite the portal. 

• Upvote 1

If you want more ammo on Morris and on how little he gives a shit about UNT:

His radio show is at Rudy's from 6-7 on Thursdays.

Week 1: He wasn't at the show......took the team to the women's soccer game. The soccer game started at 7.....but I guess he couldn't do both.

Weeks 2-4: He does 30 minutes of the show...then leaves. DB always gives an excuse. But he doesn't leave the premises of Rudy's....he goes to another room and chats/eats with Dept. staffers.

BTW...look up his contract. He makes $300,000 for a radio/TV stipend. 

So the little guy doesn't give a shit....just looks at us as a stepping stone. And if we had an AD with any balls....he'd telling the f'ing football coach to be at his radio show for the full hour. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 minutes ago, NT91 said:

The first sale out at NT will be next season when Tech comes to Denton. Most will be Tech fans.

At this point to sentiment may have gone from do you think tech will really go through with it, too I hope tech doesn't go through with it

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SUMG said:

Week 1: He wasn't at the show......took the team to the women's soccer game. The soccer game started at 7.....but I guess he couldn't do both.

Weeks 2-4: He does 30 minutes of the show...then leaves. DB always gives an excuse. But he doesn't leave the premises of Rudy's....he goes to another room and chats/eats with Dept. staffers.

So the little guy doesn't give a shit....just looks at us as a stepping stone. And if we had an AD with any balls....he'd telling the f'ing football coach to be at his radio show for the full hour. 

Absolutely unacceptable.

We need someone authentically invested.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

The transfer portal has nothing to do with today's game. Other teams, including G5 teams are doing fine despite the portal. 

That's not what I'm trying to say.  

In this age youre going to get a new roster every year.  You're going to find out really fast if the coach has what it takes, since there is no longer a 4 year lifecycle of player development.  Why do we have to be stuck with a bad, unproven  coach for 5 years.  Why not sign unproven coaches to 2 years deals until we find someone who doesn't suck

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tmjerm said:

It's so sad.  So many of us care and there are so many of us who could have a great time supporting this program but its perpetual disappointment.  Every chance we have to prove we are a tough program we shit the bed.  I think we can compete on a certain level and part of me is angry at NIL/Portal stuff bc we've had so much turnover so I don't think it's all just on Morris.  He definitely shoudl've had this team more mentally prepared though.  These guys give up, play undisciplined and even wag a finger down by a zillion.  Stupid.  Shitty.  Sick of it and the AD needs to know.  Pointless emails will be sent but I'm done with my expectations and encourage everyone else to do so.  It's insanely embarrassing to the amount of time and money I've spent on this.  I feel for all of you who have given to this program.  

What I have learned in 30+ years is they don't care.  The powers that be that run UNT, believe what they believe and are going to keep doing what they have done for decades.  For some reason this University does not take their alumni seriously.  The follow up and contact with them is horrible.  Small example, we have held season tickets for various years and sports over the last 30 years, graduating from UNT.  Never get communication from athletics or the University.  I follow another school and get weekly emails from them.  Never went to that school, never signed up to receive emails, and never had season tickets in any sport.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Makes one wonder…..

Why do we even keep a football program? 

I know even uttering that makes some go nuts…..

But, what’s the point? 

I think because if we can ever figure it out and know and understand how to run a proper athletics program then I do think anything is possible. I don't mean to say that there isn't upside here and things cannot change but taking out the financial part of things, the fact that this school hardly ever makes the right hire is just baffling.

It feels that so many other schools with so much less are able to do so much more and it just takes finding and hiring the right coaches and program builders. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SUMG said:

Lol a UNT AD having some balls would be amazing. But will never happen

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

Please . . . UNLV is a midmajor peer with similar challenges, and they beat a Kansas team last night that is better than Tech.  We are just sucking at preparing a team and having a winning game plan.

You’re right. But unlv will lose all of those players next year, too. 

Just now, Venson said:

Maybe I am a conspiracy theorist, but we have like 5 coaches on our coaching staff that are Tech alumni, could it be that they didn't want to win this game so as not to embarrass their alma mater or are we really just this bad?

Or could it be that a certain head coach at Texas tech is hearing people talking about how there's a hot up and coming potential future coach currently at North Texas and he want to shut the door on that talk quickly.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Venson said:

Maybe I am a conspiracy theorist, but we have like 5 coaches on our coaching staff that are Tech alumni, could it be that they didn't want to win this game so as not to embarrass their alma mater or are we really just this bad?

Both? 

1 minute ago, Venson said:

Nobody earning a paycheck cares about their Alma mater more than continuing to earn that cash.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Lol a UNT AD having some balls would be amazing. But will never happen

One problem is that nobody in the athletic department views UNT as a final position.  Everyone (now including the players) appears to be looking for the Bigger Better Deal and doing the bare minimum to keep the current gig.

• Upvote 6