🔥🔥🔥Official UNT vs Texas Tech IN-GAME DISCUSSION🚨🚨🚨

Cooke County Kid

7 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Here’s the deal. If you go to the game on Saturday after this, you’re not helping.

Only way to change it is to not support it. They need the cash and they need the butts in seats.

You can lie to yourself about this being your school and your Alma mater…this is also our embarrassment. Again.

I was trying to figure out how to get up there next week after baseball but screw that.

All those highly paid folks in the AD and football program need to do their jobs. Going to that game would be out of “duty to my school”  those days are gone  

They’re big boys and girls that make a salary. Do your job or go do something else. Pretty simple. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I’m not. That would be the best thing or this is gonna end up being an 87-7 game

I'm finally with you Jim.  Respectfully (and I mean that) I often disagree with you but you're right.  I was going to go next week, but not anymore.  They don't deserve my 3 hr drive away from my kids and the money spent.  I'm sure I'll calm down a little but it's hard to hang in with this program anymore. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Stix said:

So... DD is not coaching anywhere this year, and is already planning to come to Denton next week...

At this point why da hell not?  Maybe this time if he gets program competing for conference titles we won’t run him out of town not long after losing the heir apparent starting QB to an accident.  Maybe there is Dickey curse on this program. 

• Downvote 1

Can someone please write a very thorough and informative ChatGPT prompt about the history of NT Football coaching hires and ask AI to give a psychological profile of the UNT administration.  I think AI will mention, risk adverse, nepotism, favoritism, self-preservation, lack of accountability etc..

1 minute ago, tmjerm said:

I'm finally with you Jim.  Respectfully (and I mean that) I often disagree with you but you're right.  I was going to go next week, but not anymore.  They don't deserve my 3 hr drive away from my kids and the money spent.  I'm sure I'll calm down a little but it's hard to hang in with this program anymore. 

Major respect…

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I’ll tell you what really needs to change…College football and the levels we play at. We don’t need to be playing at a level that we lose every single decent player each year to a dream power school, nor do we need to be playing schools that can double or triple or more our attendance and budgets. 

Please . . . UNLV is a midmajor peer with similar challenges, and they beat a Kansas team last night that is better than Tech.  We are just sucking at preparing a team and having a winning game plan.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Here’s the deal. If you go to the game on Saturday after this, you’re not helping.

Only way to change it is to not support it. They need the cash and they need the butts in seats.

You can lie to yourself about this being your school and your Alma mater…this is also our embarrassment. Again.

DATCU has never had a sellout. Attendance has ALWAYS been poor when you consider how many students and alumni we have. I don't think going to the game next week is going to matter because there won't be more than 15-20K as per the usual. The only thing that will move the needle is the big donors pushing back and/or we somehow find a few big rich ones that have even an ounce of desire to support NT athletics. Despite school size, market, location etc, NT is just in athletics purgatory. It will be the same thing next year...ticket prices and MGSF donation raised so we can try to keep up without giving the fans anything to really be excited about and another year of false hope that turns into yet another dud.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Catching up... I'm just not understanding how a mouthpiece defines a winning attitude. Hate to tell ya, our problems run a hell of a lot deeper than that. Tech could be wearing five sparkly mouthpieces each and it would be 52-7. 

I'm well aware of this...I haven't outlined every element of the embarrassment this has been but that's simply a small example of our loser mentality. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NT91 said:

My kid goes to Tech. Almost went to the game but was afraid this would happen, so I did not go. 

Kids > football. I would send mine to SMU if that were her choice and watch every game (heavily inebriated). 

Luckily she's a 3d animator,  and Cal arts Institute doesn't have football. I'll still drink in their honor

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Immense damage done to this program today at a critical time. 

Time to kill all PAC talk and get a win over Wyoming. Continue building this program for wins get bowl eligible and try to compete for AAC top of the league finishes. That’s still in our control and there is a lot of season left. we need to learn how to compete in the AAC from 1pm 9.14. 

GMG

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, Green Mean said:

DATCU has never had a sellout. Attendance has ALWAYS been poor when you consider how many students and alumni we have. I don't think going to the game next week is going to matter because there won't be more than 15-20K as per the usual. The only thing that will move the needle is the big donors pushing back and/or we somehow find a few big rich ones that have even an ounce of desire to support NT athletics. Despite school size, market, location etc, NT is just in athletics purgatory. It will be the same thing next year...ticket prices and MGSF donation raised so we can try to keep up without giving the fans anything to really be excited about and another year of false hope that turns into yet another dud.

Makes one wonder…..

Why do we even keep a football program? 

I know even uttering that makes some go nuts…..

But, what’s the point? 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, SUMG said:

I felt bad about this game all week. And thought we would lose....but not this bad. Maybe by 14 or so.

And the reason I felt bad: Every time...I mean every time...North Texas does a special effort....like next week's effort to sell out DATCU......the team drops a King Kong sized turd. 

Have a feeling StubHub we'll have some really cheap ticket prices

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I was there and he is right, Morris has WAY more resources and more talented players than Dodge had in game 1 of 2007. Dodge took over for a coach running an entirely different scheme and had to primarily use that coach’s players. Morris in year 2 with his entire coaching staff and chased off the old staff’s players. The job Morris is doing today is far worse than what Dodge did in his first game as a college head coach. This is atrocious for a coach who took over what Littrell left him.

Inspiring Tim Tebow GIF by Home Free

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

I have wondered this for years.  Every time I mention it, I always get pointed to UTA and how bad they are.  

Maybe we need to quit talking about how any other school is bad. We need to worry about ourselves and the cluster f that is going on in Denton

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

A well-placed screen pass hit the receiver right on the hands, and went through to a defender 5 yards past him.

Beautiful. Was it more or less embarrassing than hitting a receiver in the face and the ball popping up for an interception?

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1