🔥🔥🔥Official UNT vs Texas Tech IN-GAME DISCUSSION🚨🚨🚨

Cooke County Kid

2 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

A program with pride would fire someone immediately after this.

Problem is contracts. Sports across the board need a revamp and accountability. I am all for the removal of coaches and players at all levels! Remove the NIL. Fire coaches and they don’t get paid. Hard to do when athletes and coaches are scared. They aren’t competitive outside of their own desires and wants.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, Green Mean said:

Serious question...if there's another 5-7 season, does Mosley have the strength to fire EM and/or does the athletics department have the financial resources to even do that?

I don’t believe we do.  We are stuck in a cycle of overpaying first time FBS level head coaches.   The previous FBS level head coach they hire was Coach Mac.  This program is never going were we want to go with there current hiring habits.  They don’t want to swing big and go after someone like Deion Sanders.  And they don’t want to be financially conservative to give themselves flexibility and move off inexperienced coaches quickly. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Problem is contracts. Sports across the board need a revamp and accountability. I am all for the removal of coaches and players at all levels! Remove the NIL. Fire coaches and they don’t get paid. Hard to do when athletes and coaches are scared. They aren’t competitive outside of their own desires and wants.

What does this say

3 minutes ago, Green Mean said:

Serious question...if there's another 5-7 season, does Mosley have the strength to fire EM and/or does the athletics department have the financial resources to even do that?

I don’t believe we do.  We are stuck in a cycle of overpaying first time FBS level head coaches.   The previous FBS level head coach they hire was Coach Mac.  This program is never going were we want to go with there current hiring habits.  They don’t want to swing big and go after someone like Deion Sanders.  And they don’t want to be financially conservative to give themselves flexibility and move off inexperienced coaches quickly. 

I am chief among Seth’s critics but I don’t recall his team ever being this sloppy.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I was there and he is right, Morris has WAY more resources and more talented players than Dodge had in game 1 of 2007. Dodge took over for a coach running an entirely different scheme and had to primarily use that coach’s players. Morris in year 2 with his entire coaching staff and chased off the old staff’s players. The job Morris is doing today is far worse than what Dodge did in his first game as a college head coach. This is atrocious for a coach who took over what Littrell left him.

I really had not considered this part of it.  I agree with this.

• Thanks 1

Here’s the deal. If you go to the game on Saturday after this, you’re not helping.

Only way to change it is to not support it. They need the cash and they need the butts in seats.

You can lie to yourself about this being your school and your Alma mater…this is also our embarrassment. Again.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

12 minutes ago, Green Mean said:

I am chief among Seth’s critics but I don’t recall his team ever being this sloppy.  That and retaining Caponi makes me lean towards dismissing him if the team is 5-7.  

• Upvote 2