🔥🔥🔥Official UNT vs Texas Tech IN-GAME DISCUSSION🚨🚨🚨

Cooke County Kid

57 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I know the broadcast said there was no post game interview. I think because there was a sickness going around the broadcast. 

Which leads to another point.  Apparently Dave was sick. So, instead of bringing George, Jub Jub the Commander Dunham back for a game, they brought in a guest commentator to fill in.  They brought someone in who is a broadcaster for Texas Tech!  WTH?

I would say with all due respect but honestly this is pure BS. I guarantee you if we'd have won there would have been a post game conference. Another third rate effort when it comes to covering up the crap that goes on in this program. After all we're the fan base and we're supposed to shut up and give them money and have very little expectations.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

After watching the Spring game my expectations for this coach and this team were already low.  I’m not surprised at how this season is going so far.  I’m guessing we’re looking at a 4-8 record at best.  And in my book, that’s unacceptable.

I am thinking we will likely win 4 games as well.  Sucks!

3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I would say with all due respect but honestly this is pure BS. I guarantee you if we'd have won there would have been a post game conference. Another third rate effort when it comes to covering up the crap that goes on in this program. After all we're the fan base and we're supposed to shut up and give them money and have very little expectations.

100%. Preaching accountability only sounds good when you don’t have to do it I guess. 

• Ray 1

On 9/14/2024 at 12:22 PM, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

I am 100% behind pouring all football money into basketball and starting a baseball program.  Your middle line is where I have been now for years.  

And what conference would you like to be a part of?

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2024 at 12:22 PM, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

I am 100% behind pouring all football money into basketball and starting a baseball program.  Your middle line is where I have been now for years.  

I agree with you on this.  At least with basketball we have a shot to compete.  Football is just a black hole as evidenced from Saturday’s outcome.

• Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I agree with you on this.  At least with basketball we have a shot to compete.  Football is just a black hole as evidenced from Saturday’s outcome.

Look how successful that has been for UTA.  Some of you need to limp to the freezer, load a bag full of ice, sit down, prop your leg up and apply the bag to one or both knees, relax, have a cocktail and look out that window and contemplate how many schools out there not named Gonzaga or Marquette have been successful with this approach.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Look how successful that has been for UTA.  Some of you need to limp to the freezer, load a bag full of ice, sit down, prop your leg up and apply the bag to one or both knees, relax, have a cocktail and look out that window and contemplate how many schools out there not named Gonzaga or Marquette have been successful with this approach.

UTA - undefeated since 1986 🤣. Jokes aside, football here really has been a black hole. It is exhausting constantly watching them shit the bed any time an opportunity to make a statement comes up. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

UTA - undefeated since 1986 🤣. Jokes aside, football here really has been a black hole. It is exhausting constantly watching them shit the bed any time an opportunity to make a statement comes up. 

Since 1995, when we moved up to FBS/ I-A, we are playing our 30th season. So far, we have had 6 seasons with a winning record. 

That’s 20% success. 

It hasn’t mattered what stadium we have played in, what conference we have played in, what coach we have, what AD/President we have, or what our funding has been. So the questions are what continue to be the roadblocks. Well, now the portal and NIL represent canyon-esque problems. So does the reputation of the entire program with TX HS coaches and parents…as well as the apathy/loathing of the program from within the university and Denton. Im not sure what can fix any of this, especially the nil/portal. It’s just hard to see this getting better when the entirety of talented players and coaches leave in the offseason for other places that pay more.

• Upvote 2

On 9/16/2024 at 4:54 PM, untjim1995 said:

Since 1995, when we moved up to FBS/ I-A, we are playing our 30th season. So far, we have had 6 seasons with a winning record. 

That’s 20% success. 

It hasn’t mattered what stadium we have played in, what conference we have played in, what coach we have, what AD/President we have, or what our funding has been. So the questions are what continue to be the roadblocks. Well, now the portal and NIL represent canyon-esque problems. So does the reputation of the entire program with TX HS coaches and parents…as well as the apathy/loathing of the program from within the university and Denton. Im not sure what can fix any of this, especially the nil/portal. It’s just hard to see this getting better when the entirety of talented players and coaches leave in the offseason for other places that pay more.

There is a cancer somewhere associated with this university that is either not holding people accountable, fine with mediocrity (at best), or flat out sabotaging our program.

Just now, Rudy said:

There is a cancer somewhere associated with this university that is either not holding people accountable, fine with mediocrity (at best), or flat out sabotaging our program.

I think it’s the last two. Denton and much of UNT’s family absolutely don’t care a thing about UNT sports. Maybe it’s because of the arts and music, maybe it’s because it’s an educator school, maybe it’s because of the commuters, or maybe it’s the history. But I will say that the sabotaging part, to me, was what kept a guy like RV here for 15 years because he opened up tailgating and kept us in budget. Couldn’t hire a revenue coach to save his life, though, especially football. It’s that kind of sabotage that we pay for still. And that’s not even talking about the nuking of the fanbase in the 80s and 90s from the ridiculous 1-aa fiasco, which literally killed off tens of thousands of potential fans from alumni and current students that just didn’t care to watch us play Nicholls State while Texas was playing Tech or Baylor or Whoever on the same night. That’s what is impossible to overcome, in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Rudy said:

The cancer is being content with absolute mediocrity. When your president is dictating blanketed reduction in acceptance standards, acceptance standards that weren't difficult to begin with, that's a major problem. He was celebrated. Mediocrity, and the acceptance of, permeates deep into whatever vessel it has been instilled in. 

A tiny microcosm of this is Caponi still being an employee of UNT. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

16 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

The cancer is being content with absolute mediocrity. When your president is dictating blanketed reduction in acceptance standards, acceptance standards that weren't difficult to begin with, that's a major problem. He was celebrated. Mediocrity, and the acceptance of, permeates deep into whatever vessel it has been instilled in. 

A tiny microcosm of this is Caponi still being an employee of UNT. 

I don't care if I get taken out via Black Rock, Clinton, or Boeing style, I'm going to keep shouting from the rooftops that there is someone associated with UNT that is trying to keep us from our potential. 

To that person, whoever they are, FVCK YOU!

• Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

On 9/14/2024 at 1:08 PM, C Rod said:

Chandler Morris has 6 interceptions in his last 6 quarters and two of them went for pick six.

While this is true. 5 of them were not his fault.

2 - WR ran the wrong route.

2 - passes right through our WR hands.

1 - WR did not comeback to the Football.

Also concerning, DT Sheffield probably the most dynamic WR in the group didn't touch the ball the entire game...

• Upvote 1