🔥🔥🔥Official UNT vs Texas Tech IN-GAME DISCUSSION🚨🚨🚨

Cooke County Kid

2 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

True.

Tech barely beat Abilene Christian at home in their season opener. They won in overtime 52-51.

So Tech has really improved? Or Abilene Christian is really really good? Or we just suck? Or some combination of all of them? 

I think being 0-2 and with their coach on the hot seat, Tech came out on a mission.  We showed no sign of stopping their offense and then we miss a chip shot field goal that would have made it 14-10.  Then we have Pick 6, punt, interception, interception.  A game will get away from you in hurry with that chain of events.

Honestly, I feared this type of game after our first possession.  False start when we would have had a first down, then we run into the return man on the punt.  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I think being 0-2 and with their coach on the hot seat, Tech came out on a mission.  We showed no sign of stopping their offense and then we miss a chip shot field goal that would have made it 14-10.  Then we have Pick 6, punt, interception, interception.  A game will get away from you in hurry with that chain of events.

Honestly, I feared this type of game after our first possession.  False start when we would have had a first down, then we run into the return man on the punt.  

This is exactly what I mean by no discipline.  

We are a bunch of losers. North Texas football is a perpetual loser. Our ceiling is low. Our floor is awful.  

Put. The. Money. Into. Basketball.

Say it with me...

What makes anyone think this football program with the 'fill in the blank' AD is going to stand up a football program worth a damn? Then do it with consistency? 

Even if we were able to get a coaching staff in here that could legitimately move the needle they would run to the first prettier girl that lifts the skirt. And we don't have the pedigree to reload a staff and keep 'it' going. It's done. We are what we are. Put a hefty % of our football budget (30ish%) into a sport that has proven to move the needle and maintain consistency. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 8
  • Puking Eagle 4

6 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

We are a bunch of losers. North Texas football is a perpetual loser. Our ceiling is low. Our floor is awful.  

Say it with me...

What makes anyone think this football program with the 'fill in the blank' AD is going to stand up a football program worth a damn? Then do it with consistency? 

Even if we were able to get a coaching staff in here that could legitimately move the needle they would run to the first prettier girl that lifts the skirt. And we don't have the pedigree to reload a staff and keep 'it' going. It's done. We are what we are. Put a hefty % of our football budget (30ish%) into a sport that has proven to move the needle and maintain consistency. 

Down vote it all you want. But reply to it and explain your position....

I'm ALL ears.... . . .   .    .     . 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

19 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Say it with me...

Again, down vote, but reply and give your position on it. Otherwise, you're low-key pussing out... converse about it...

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Everybody wants to downvote, but nobody got shit to say....

Put MORE MONEY into basketball. Even thinking about dumping more money into football is not only obtuse thinking, but a historical fact based mistake. 

Football is my favorite sport and NT is my school.  I want us to play well so I can watch my favorite sport and root for my school.  I don’t believe the economics are preventative, though I understand your position. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, tmjerm said:

Football is my favorite sport and NT is my school.  I want us to play well so I can watch my favorite sport and root for my school.  I don’t believe the economics are preventative, though I understand your position. 

Football is my favorite sport and NT is my favorite school. Basketball is not even a "thing" for me. I quit playing in jr high. I was an all district football player in HS. I was an all state baseball player in HS. BUT, economics and basic decision making is very easy to see, observe and understand. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Everybody wants to downvote, but nobody got shit to say....

Put MORE MONEY into basketball. Even thinking about dumping more money into football is not only obtuse thinking, but a historical fact based mistake. 

So that we can be the best BB farm system in the NIL/Portal world?

I like BB and actually enjoy the style of play we have, but I'm tired of supporting players that are going to leave.

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

What would make our never-happening success in football any different? 

The diff, it takes way less money to tilt the needle in our favor in basketball than football. Simple math is easy, fellas. 

I think we'll quickly hit our ceiling on BB even though it will be more successful than FB.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

12 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Football is my favorite sport and NT is my favorite school. Basketball is not even a "thing" for me. I quit playing in jr high. I was an all district football player in HS. I was an all state baseball player in HS. BUT, economics and basic decision making is very easy to see, observe and understand. 

Congratulations on your success.  I mean that.  I had success on the field as well.  I don't see the relevance.  And your patronizing last sentence is another example of your lack of ability to have a reasonable discussion with someone who disagrees with you.  Fine with me if you disagree, and fine with me if you want to be a prick but don't beg for responses to downvotes if you don't want to hear an explanation to your question bc your feelings got hurt. 

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Congratulations on your success.  I mean that.  I had success on the field as well.  I don't see the relevance.  And your patronizing last sentence is another example of your lack of ability to have a reasonable discussion with someone who disagrees with you.  Fine with me if you disagree, and fine with me if you want to be a prick but don't beg for responses to downvotes if you don't want to hear an explanation to your question bc your feelings got hurt. 

My feelings? Haha, I don't have many of those. But, the relevance is I'm a football guy. I don't so much care about basketball, as a diehard would. I pay attention. I attend when I can. But, football is my thing and baseball is my other thing. And I don't say this in a patronizing way, but it's very easy to see that basketball is our (UNT) thing regardless of how much we try to cram this square peg into a round hole. If feelings were involved in this dialouge, it certainly were not mine....

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2

19 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

I think we'll quickly hit our ceiling on BB even though it will be more successful than FB.

Hmmmm... we are multi NCAA tournament invitees, NIT invitees, NIT AND CBI Champions all while having only 1 ncaa tournament win in our history. I think our ceiling is a Sweet 16 banner. I think we have been bumping up close to our ceiling and we are flirting with UNT basketball greatness, but even then, why even back off on the accelerator? 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Hmmmm... we are multi NCAA tournament invitees, NIT invitees, NIT AND CBI Champions all while having only 1 ncaa tournament win in our history. I think our ceiling is a Sweet 16 banner. I think we have been bumping up close to our ceiling and we are flirting with UNT basketball greatness, but even then, why even back off on the accelerator? 

I hear you loud and clear and agree…and it will never happen. Texans love football. Love it more than all other sports combined. They won’t support other sports, as we have seen here. Basketball is by far the best sport we have been playing in a revenue sport in 45 years. It gets 4000 people to a 10k arena. I don’t really get why, but UTA shows just how little connection alumni have to a campus without football being the major player in a large metro area. It’s really sad.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Green Otaku said:

Then you keep looking higher up the chain and find out what isn't working, because someone's choices might have cost us 2 years of wasted resources.

Took the words out of my mouth.  And while they may not have been the ultimate decision maker, that decided to keep Seth that last year, Morris was their hire.

1 hour ago, meaniegreenie said:

So that we can be the best BB farm system in the NIL/Portal world?

I like BB and actually enjoy the style of play we have, but I'm tired of supporting players that are going to leave.

This!  Is a Basketball NCAA sweet 16 appearance every 4-8 years followed by vultures picking that team clean to start the process all over again inspiring? More importantly would it generate the revenue and fan patronize that gets 2 or 3 regular season game on ESPN or ESPN2?  Probably not. I am NOT arguing that we should take resources away from BB or even slow down getting competitive basketball facilities.  But this region is not a NCAA Basketball market.  I mean SMU had one of the greatest Basketball coaches in ever.  And I bet most basketball fans who weren't SMU basketball fans before Larry Brown could tell you what was his last season coaching at SMU.

Texas State and UTSA would love us to drop football. More recruits for them. Smu and TCU would love us to drop football. Cede the region to them and more recruits.

How about clean house and build it right? AIM higher.

GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1