Mean Green Gridiron Podcast - Texas Tech

BillySee58

8 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

@WanderingEagle and I preview this upcoming matchup featuring two titans of the 33rd parallel north.

Youtube link:
https://youtu.be/ab9Zt9MbbC8

Audio only:

https://sites.libsyn.com/482808/mean-green-gridiron-2024-episode-4-texas-tech

any chance these podcasts will hit the 'Pocket Cast' app, so that i can subscribe?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Will try and make it happen. Plan this year was to get the podcast up on all the places, with the first priority being YouTube. Will try and get it up on the other spots next.

I thought there was a central distribution service? Just give them your audio and they spit it out into all the feeds.

• Upvote 1

Just got a chance to listen to a little bit. Carter I didn't hear any spice anywhere? 

Billy had a good point about the corners. I always thought they would be good. He also said Morton and Tech throw a lot of screens to protect the deep stuff -- I see it differently. I think they throw screens to set up the big throws downfield. I watched a lot of WKU when Kittley was coordinating that and it looks very similar. Zappe was screening them to death then would throw it deep. 

Same difference though. I am concerned about our smallish corners tackling in space. Tech likes to use those TEs to block. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

I hope I am wrong, of course, but I think you guys are way too optimistic. 

Yeah, especially now with Tahj Brooks back and some big, physical receivers, it's a matchup nightmare.  The defense has shown some preliminary signs of improvement through a very limited sampling this season, but I don't think they're anywhere near ready to slow down a legitimate high-powered offense.  Tech will have to make a LOT of mistakes for this to even be competitive, and I doubt they will do so at home and desperate to impress their ailing fan base.

• Upvote 1