State of Texas Rankings

emmitt01

On 9/8/2024 at 10:33 PM, NT80 said:

I think TS-San Marcos is overrated.  UTSA was vastly overrated to start the season.  TSSM hosts Arizona State this week (how?) so we will see how they stack up to a real opponent.

Say what you want... but even if UTSA was overrated, the Bobcats smacked them... they're on a four game win streak and they will have their mettle tested this weekend this Thursday when the Sun Devils roll into town, i'll definitely be watching

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, golfingomez said:

Say what you want... but even if UTSA was overrated, the Bobcats smacked them... their on a four game win streak 

Games last season don't count anymore...with the Portal, these are all new teams each season.  No continuity.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

how is UTEP not dead last?  They lost to Southern Utah.

I figured SFA would be on there for their 77-0 win the first week over some at the bottom. 

10 minutes ago, wardly said:

We will find out if we should be rated ahead of Tech this weekend [I think we are a 7 to 9 point dog] but no way we should be ranked ahead of SMU. Just my opinion.

You are on $mut Probation for that comment!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

GJ Kinne "is" Texas State San Marcos' football program.  Go to their website and look at the football roster.  Pay attention to the number of transfers they brought in and the universities they played for previously.

He was a guest speaker at a sports club I belong to.  A very dynamic young man with a passion for the sport of football.  If Texas keeps him for a while I'll wager UTSM will be one of the very top G5 teams in the country.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

GJ Kinne "is" Texas State San Marcos' football program.  Go to their website and look at the football roster.  Pay attention to the number of transfers they brought in and the universities they played for previously.

He was a guest speaker at a sports club I belong to.  A very dynamic young man with a passion for the sport of football.  If Texas keeps him for a while I'll wager UTSM will be one of the very top G5 teams in the country.

Definite props to what he’s done down there. I watched the game and he has his guys playing at a different level…all of them. I’ve been super impressed so far with how he’s turned that program around so quickly. Coach Morris needs his signature win. GJ Kinne already has his. 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, 3_n_out said:

Definite props to what he’s done down there. I watched the game and he has his guys playing at a different level…all of them. I’ve been super impressed so far with how he’s turned that program around so quickly. Coach Morris needs his signature win. GJ Kinne already has his. 

Against  nUTSAc?

Today's USA TODAY has UNT ranked 100th out of 134 D1 programs. Double digit ranked programs ahead of us include Memphis,Tulane,Army,Texas State,SMU,UTSA,ECU,Navy,Texas Tech, perennial powerhouse New Mexico State,Houston, and FAU.The AAC has 6 teams in triple digit, including 4 in the bottom 10. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

20 hours ago, wardly said:

We will find out if we should be rated ahead of Tech this weekend [I think we are a 7 to 9 point dog] but no way we should be ranked ahead of SMU. Just my opinion.

SMU QB situation is a mess so I get the rating (for now). Preston Stone has been bad and Kevin Jennings is not ready. 

57 minutes ago, wardly said:

Today's USA TODAY has UNT ranked 100th out of 134 D1 programs. Double digit ranked programs ahead of us include Memphis,Tulane,Army,Texas State,SMU,UTSA,ECU,Navy,Texas Tech, perennial powerhouse New Mexico State,Houston, and FAU.The AAC has 6 teams in triple digit, including 4 in the bottom 10. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Usually FCS wins are not factored in FBS rankings.   Technically we are only 1-0.

23 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Similar to Littrell when he was here or Traylor at UTSA, if Kinne stays at Texas State, he will find out that losing good assistants, losing QBs that are playmakers, and having to play with a target on your back all catches up to you. I agree that Kinne has been a solid coach, just as the other two were, but Littrell stayed here for hopes of a bigger job than KSU after Snyder and the entire thing fell apart. Traylor could easily be headed in the same direction. 

• Puking Eagle 1