DATCU stadium

21 hours ago, THOR said:

well, the band isn't good, drumline is subpar ( just like last year), so it makes sense to have the inhouse dj play constantly.  made a bad decision hiring a local high school band director as the green brigade boss.  they need to drop the best damn band in the land and the best drumline in college football shit...it ain't even close.

The drumline part is shocking to me since Paul Rennick is on our faculty and also just helped lead the Santa Clara Vanguard (Drum Corps) to a Sanford Award (best percussion in DCI). I am almost positive that there are UNT members in that drumline. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Lines to get into the stadium might have been the longest I've ever seen. That needs to be addressed ASAP. Especially, if we're trying to sellout the Wyoming game. 

Yep, that's the problem with e-tickets that nobody wants to admit.  "Geez, my phone isn't loading the tickets!"   "Wait, how do I pull them up again?".  "Hang on, my grampa is having problems with the tickets".

Paper tickets?  Beep, beep, beep, beep.  Lines keep moving quickly.  Just cuz it's cool technology doesn't mean its automatically more efficient.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, vpackrats said:

Yep, that's the problem with e-tickets that nobody wants to admit.  "Geez, my phone isn't loading the tickets!"   "Wait, how do I pull them up again?".  "Hang on, my grampa is having problems with the tickets".

Paper tickets?  Beep, beep, beep, beep.  Lines keep moving quickly.  Just cuz it's cool technology doesn't mean its automatically more efficient.

E tickets are more efficient.  That’s not the problem. I’ve been to events with way more people that didn’t have lines 50+ people deep at multiple gates.

I’d love to see the percentage breakdown of how many people go through each gate. I have a feeling it’s HEAVILY skewed towards the student and Wing gates because there’s hardly any parking on the alumni side. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

46 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

E tickets are more efficient.  That’s not the problem. I’ve been to events with way more people that didn’t have lines 50+ people deep at multiple gates.

I’d love to see the percentage breakdown of how many people go through each gate. I have a feeling it’s HEAVILY skewed towards the student and Wing gates because there’s hardly any parking on the alumni side. 

ONLY if they work properly.

When I got to the game, the S/W gate (Gate1) line was the longest I've ever seen for a game with maybe one other exception.

The lady in charge of security was trying her best to keep things going smoothly but the line kept getting stopped.
Surprisingly, it wasn't the additional security measures but instead was the number of people having trouble getting their electronic tickets read.  In fact the lady kept having to stop the security processing because those that had cleared kept getting packed under the awning, waiting for the tickets to get read.  She was not liking the fact that too many people were crowded in that area and I applaud her proactive effort because you do not want that area to get overcrowded since that presents opportunities for problems.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

We walked around to the alumni side to enter. The line for recruits to get their tickets was incredibly long. The line to enter wasn’t terrible. The main issue is that not all of the gates were open. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Matt said:

The drumline part is shocking to me since Paul Rennick is on our faculty and also just helped lead the Santa Clara Vanguard (Drum Corps) to a Sanford Award (best percussion in DCI). I am almost positive that there are UNT members in that drumline. 

you can have some of those in the drumline, but that doesn't make it a chohesive unit.  these kids aren't confident or arrogant like drumlines past.  they have the thousand yard stare, have to concentrate for every hit...the drumlines of past could do anything and everything without thinking.  the current crew has to concentrate and think, that isn't good...feel/rhythm/confidence makes the line great.  the base line misses their releases, the snares are not in sync.  it was the same last year.

4 minutes ago, THOR said:

you can have some of those in the drumline, but that doesn't make it a chohesive unit.  these kids aren't confident or arrogant like drumlines past.  they have the thousand yard stare, have to concentrate for every hit...the drumlines of past could do anything and everything without thinking.  the current crew has to concentrate and think, that isn't good...feel/rhythm/confidence makes the line great.  the base line misses their releases, the snares are not in sync.  it was the same last year.

Well damn, that sucks to hear (pun not intended). Hopefully they can turn things around. Do you think it's more related to the new director or something else? 

I'll repeat the reports of food running out. Specifically, I and others had to wait on fries and/or chicken strips.  It was going to be a couple of minutes for frys (no biggie), but 10 minutes for chicken strips?!?!  Maybe it was simply bad luck and timing.

Also, the Cokes (Mr. Pibb) tasted odd.  Tried two places.  Seemed like the syrup was turned down.  Possibly another form of shrinkflation.  I appreciate they still have the free refills. 

Although it wasn't hot, I like the presence of the water stations.  Cool water should be available to event patrons w/o having to buy a $4 bottle of water and these stations are much better than a simple water fountain. Good job.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

We walked around to the alumni side to enter. The line for recruits to get their tickets was incredibly long. The line to enter wasn’t terrible. The main issue is that not all of the gates were open. 

opening home opener, which typically has largest crowd and the AD staff don't have all gates open? Seems counter productive to having a pleasant experience

• Upvote 4