DATCU stadium

Agreed. The constant need to “entertain” takes away from the game. It becomes annoying and I feel for the band as they rarely get to play. 

Regarding the replays, they have never replayed the reviewed calls rarely replay plays the fans think are questionable. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

well, the band isn't good, drumline is subpar ( just like last year), so it makes sense to have the inhouse dj play constantly.  made a bad decision hiring a local high school band director as the green brigade boss.  they need to drop the best damn band in the land and the best drumline in college football shit...it ain't even close.

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 3
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 hours ago, THOR said:

well, the band isn't good, drumline is subpar ( just like last year), so it makes sense to have the inhouse dj play constantly.  made a bad decision hiring a local high school band director as the green brigade boss.  they need to drop the best damn band in the land and the best drumline in college football shit...it ain't even close.

What’s wrong with the band? Sounded fine to me. But what do I know , I was only in it for 3 years.

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Agreed. The constant need to “entertain” takes away from the game. It becomes annoying and I feel for the band as they rarely get to play. 

Regarding the replays, they have never replayed the reviewed calls rarely replay plays the fans think are questionable. 

This annoys me so much. Refusing to give fans replays of the biggest and most controversial calls is beyond dumb. There’s no argument for it. Fans at home see the replay over and over, but the fans who paid to be at the game? Nah, screw you, and enjoy being in the dark on whether the right call was made. 

• Upvote 1

My two cents :  the DJ music was tooo loud and non stop.   I get the need for up tempo sound but it’s hard to stay connected to the game when the PA system blasts away continuously.  The announcers for the little in-game side bar activities really don’t need to yell into their mics so hard. We can hear you.   Love the Green.  2 and 0 baby.

Just a few Gameday experience notes:

1. I noticed the conference flags were gone. Did we fail to get an Army flag in time. Did we have an smu burning ceremony I missed. Kidding. Living by smu I noticed they had the ACC flags flying off the east side of the stadium for their Friday night tilt. 
2. The inside stadium bar area needs some help. Get a sponsor for it and have them take it up several notches. Make that pavilion a fun zone for partygoers. It’s a large space with some solid football viewing potential. It could be elevated to see over the picture takers when the game starts but overall I bought a Reserve drink, hung by the railing and watched the first quarter.

Now the sponsor part has potential. Make it a party zone. Bring in a dj and performers. Think Nikki Beach where performers, roam out every 20 minutes and get the crowd fired up, engaged. These performers are sometimes dancers, sometimes runway models, sometimes musicians playing solos to the beat. Love the Nikki Beach concept because it’s high octane festive sexy and fun. The Terrace could be the pregame party inside the stadium before the game starts and social deck after the game begins. 

Now for a complaint or curiosity. Why can’t you flow in and out with drinks? is it a liquor license thing? I was fine staying in the zone to drink my cocktail and watch the game but people on the outside were telling their friends on the inside to buy their next beer outside the terrace so they could roam around. It felt a bit restrictive and I was just curious why? All pro stadiums sell drinks in the corridors. UNLV has a slick Jack Daniel’s installation bar with tv’s showing games inside the Thomas and Mack. Just curious why the setup. 

I felt the Gameday experience was good. The music, announcer band and dancers seemed to connect yesterday. That has been a challenge in the past. They kept the entertainment moving. The game wasn’t but the pop moments from the various efforts flowed. 

The laser light show on the field was cool. But they should have instructed fans to go up in the stands for best viewing. 

Good job UNT, supporters groups and fans. 

Beat Tech.

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 hours ago, NTWL20 said:

What’s wrong with the band? Sounded fine to me. But what do I know , I was only in it for 3 years.

that's the problem...the green brigade should not sound FINE.  they should sound amazing, should be in sync, perfectly timed, musically elevated from any other marching band.  the drumline doesn't hit together, they are off.  they were off last year.  they also don't look good, lines not straight, angles off.  hell, can't even wear uniforms on an 85 degree day.  damn. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

This annoys me so much. Refusing to give fans replays of the biggest and most controversial calls is beyond dumb. There’s no argument for it. Fans at home see the replay over and over, but the fans who paid to be at the game? Nah, screw you, and enjoy being in the dark on whether the right call was made. 

I had the game on ESPN+ playing a few seconds behind on my phone. Internet at DATCU used to be too poor to do it, but you can now. I watched every replay on my phone. It was quite helpful. And annoying they won’t put replays on the big board. There must be a good reason for that though.

• Upvote 1

I think the band was awesome and looks amazing with 400 kids.

I’d prefer them playing vs. the DJ but I had some young kids next to me who were dancing every time the DJ played. 

We certainly subscribe to the Mark Cuban philosophy of never giving the crowd a break. 

The TV timeouts are too many. I know you have to sell product, but not at the sake of losing your audience. This is an overall problem in college football.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, NTWL20 said:

Seems like the quality of the band has been sliding for the past few years. They look unorganized and not attentive in the stands, I can hear them start and then many others come in because they weren't prepared. Also does this director know how a football game works? On an opposing teams 3rd down you are supposed to play an intimidating song like Dies Irae to get the crowd going.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

I had the game on ESPN+ playing a few seconds behind on my phone. Internet at DATCU used to be too poor to do it, but you can now. I watched every replay on my phone. It was quite helpful. And annoying they won’t put replays on the big board. There must be a good reason for that though.

The reasoning is they don't want fans, coaches, and players seeing the replay and potentially influencing the ref's call. It's bad reasoning and one the NFL and other colleges don't follow. I assume its an AAC rule.

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Pissed 1

4 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

The reasoning is they don't want fans, coaches, and players seeing the replay and potentially influencing the ref's call. It's bad reasoning and one the NFL and other colleges don't follow. I assume its an AAC rule.

They did miss showing a lot of replays but a couple of them involved injuries and I can understand those.  But that was just a few.   The others should have been shown.  Also, maybe our up tempo offense has impacted the decisions to even try to do replays on a regular basis but again, that shouldn't be a factor when there's a stoppage.

• Upvote 1

I'll chime in here with my experience on Saturday, along with the same sentiments as others.

What...is....UP....with....the.....SOUND?????

- Too much nonsensical "filler music".   Every single time I would try to talk to the person next to me, i'd get about 4 words in, and we'd have to pause, to let the music stop..... And yes, WAY too loud....and I'm not an elderly guy, but my hearing actually isnt all that great, which you would think would be a benefit....But still it was overbearing.  It's like that annoying friend we have that has to "weigh-in" on EVERYTHING....  Just stop, for the love of GAWD.

- The on field reporters  - SCREAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMING into the mics...I get it...lets keep the energy going, but not the point our ears need to bleed

- Then the one thing I really do want to hear over the PA system is the Referees explain the penalties (and there were plenty, good LORD)   But year after year after year, it's always "garbled"   I will never understand, we were able to speak with men on the moon 50 years ago, so why cant we get have any consistency when it comes to a Ref flipping on his Mic?

Yes - this is all dripping with sarcasm to make a point......I hope UNT is reading these, because it's a problem,  Sarcasm aside, this is the truth...Both me and my girlfriend were sitting on the Alumni side, and every time that music or reporter would come on at 1000 decibels, we resorted to sitting there, with a finger in our right ears (the one that faces the scoreboard).   I was rolliing my eyes about it, then I scanned the crowd, and I saw no less than 25 people doing the identical move!

At halftime - did anyone else have trouble at the concession stands?  The were running outta stuff left and right.

Do better UNT...

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Marty said:

I swear in years past we’ve seen replays of close or contested calls. 
i want to see replays of our scoring plays. We never got a replay of the Morris to Sheffield 28 yard TD pass right before halftime.

I so badly wanted to see that....because there was a great pickup block by I think Landon Sides....not sure. But somebody sure saved Chad's butt on that play.....