IF we beat Tech

emmitt01

We dont beat Tech if we played like we did Saturday.  Looks like SFA might have figured out our offense,  Three interceptions not good, 121 in penalty yards not good. The Defense played better tonight but I not sure how well it will hold up against Tech.  I hope we pull it out but we have to play a lot better.   Never seen so many illegal formation calls in a game and my favorite everyone is guilty for a false start except the guy hiking the ball....mmmmm.  As SL always said we have a lot of things to clean up.

• Upvote 2

This is finally our second chance after blowing that Arky win momentum and 4-0 start, and near sellout against LA Tech.

If we beat a struggling Tech team (and many of their fans on Twitter already suspect we could), we've got two more winnable home games in Wyoming and Tulsa before hitting the road against an FAU team that has looked really bad so far, too.

I think Wyoming will still be a good attended game anyway with it being Family Weekend. They're already pushing a sellout, and last year's Family Weekend crowd against Abilene Christian was still somehow better than the opener against a beatable P5 team despite the 58-21 dumpster fire.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I’m excited about the opportunity at Tech. Games like that are the springboard programs need to take the next step… Here we are. We will learn a ton about this football team at Tech. Let’s get this!

Sadly, the history of our moments when we were at that "springboard to taking off" moment have been captured in video form:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I hope McGuire is safe as I don't want Morris being recruited away like McCasland.

I was thinking about that….

Morris has to really have a good year but if he does I would think that would be a no brainer for both parties. It would be more like McCasland getting Baylor I would think…. 

imagine this offense back at TT. I’m sure they miss those days. 

• Upvote 1

I am going to go out on a limb... SFA gave us more trouble than what TX tech will do. ACU gave Tech trouble and the game went into OT. It's so UNT of our team to just blow an opportunity on a very winnable recognized name with a W over TT. But TT is really struggling this year.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 9/8/2024 at 2:15 PM, Matt from A700 said:

This is finally our second chance after blowing that Arky win momentum and 4-0 start, and near sellout against LA Tech.

If we beat a struggling Tech team (and many of their fans on Twitter already suspect we could), we've got two more winnable home games in Wyoming and Tulsa before hitting the road against an FAU team that has looked really bad so far, too.

I think Wyoming will still be a good attended game anyway with it being Family Weekend. They're already pushing a sellout, and last year's Family Weekend crowd against Abilene Christian was still somehow better than the opener against a beatable P5 team despite the 58-21 dumpster fire.

6-0 going into Memphis would have me likeCracking Up Laughing GIF by Strapped Entertainment

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

37 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I am going to go out on a limb... SFA gave us more trouble than what TX tech will do. ACU gave Tech trouble and the game went into OT. It's so UNT of our team to just blow an opportunity on a very winnable recognized name with a W over TT. But TT is really struggling this year.

Someone's gotta pull something out of their ass. Soccer and volleyball are already a combined 0-7 against power conference schools this year.

• Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1