Radio Pre-Game Show

28 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

The problem with 97.1 is that when you try to stream they are playing music, and not the game

It seems like there were technical issues, and good ole UNT doesn't have people who can fix them.

I've been periodically checking in on my computer and the game isn't on desktop/digital/whatever.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

Thought it was just me! I appreciate the commentary on the thread so I can keep up with the game. 

On ESPN under the college scores if you follow the game their Gamecast does a good job showing the plays

• Upvote 1

I like to sync our radio broadcast with the TV. Last week the Varsity Network was ahead of the TV feed and would not let you pause and resume the game where you left it. Every time you unpaused it, it would return to live.

So the Varsity call was always about 10 seconds ahead of what was happening on the TV.

I had to turn it off, which is sad because I am a BIG fan of our radio broadcasters. 

Edited by MeanGreenZen
  • Upvote 2

I couldn’t find the pre-game on Varsity. The Eagle doesn’t stream the game, just music. I tried Sirius 386 but I had an issue where the app doesn’t know I have 386. I went to the car and it was playing there. So some weirdness was definitely happening. 

I skipped the whole deal and went with the broadcast. 

9 hours ago, greenminer said:

A station's over-the-air and internet-stream broadcasts are not guaranteed to be mirrors of each other.  This has been the case for a few years now, IIRC.

I think it is something to do with the Varsity Network contracts.

Yeah, but you can sync them together if both broadcasts allow you to pause and restart them where you want. 
Last week, the Varsity app was way ahead of ESPN+ and you couldn’t pause Varsity. 
I miss the days when you could stream KNTU. Never had a problem with that. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, aztecskin said:

I couldn’t find the pre-game on Varsity. The Eagle doesn’t stream the game, just music. I tried Sirius 386 but I had an issue where the app doesn’t know I have 386. I went to the car and it was playing there. So some weirdness was definitely happening. 

I skipped the whole deal and went with the broadcast. 

I was finally able to find it on the Sirius app but it took quite a while. I believe it also ended up being at 396 on the app of course we were the one station where instead of showing the North Texas symbol like it did on other schools it just had a football helmet

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2024 at 10:39 AM, MeanGreenZen said:

Yeah, but you can sync them together if both broadcasts allow you to pause and restart them where you want. 
Last week, the Varsity app was way ahead of ESPN+ and you couldn’t pause Varsity. 
I miss the days when you could stream KNTU. Never had a problem with that. 

I am not sure you are talking about the same thing I was.  I was referring to the same radio station's presence on-air and on internet: they aren't always the same.  KNTU is a great example: they used to have the game via Internet while their 88.1 FM presence - at the exact same time - was music/programming.

So, if we're talking about pre-game on the Eagle, make sure we are all on the same page regarding which Eagle broadcast we are referring to.