****OFFICIAL SFA vs UNT In-Game DISCUSSION****

Harry

1 minute ago, Matt said:

At least we ended the half strong. Hope they make some adjustments at half and come out ready to go. 

Here is one adjustment I would like…BLOCK. 

Defense has actually kept us in this game. They have played well despite SFA shooting themselves in the foot. It’s the offense that has been shameful to watch. Morris should consider running Price more. Haven’t heard from him since those nice carries. Ikaika just doesn’t have it tonight. Read the room, coach. 
Coach Leftwich needs to light a fire under the OL’s asses. Despicable display. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

At least we ended the half strong. Hope they make some adjustments at half and come out ready to go. 

There's no adjustments to make other than cleaning up the penalties. We're beating ourselves and giving them 1st downs. Stop the penalties and it'll be over before the 4th starts.

• Upvote 1

Couple thoughts

1) good crowd

2) the chandler Morris story sort of feels like an early 90s disney-esque teen comedy where the rich kid gets caught doing something disgraceful and is forced to lead the rag-tag public school kids to a championship.

3) let him throw deep

4) am I the only white guy under 45 who thinks the killers suck

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

4) am I the only white guy under 45 who thinks the killers suck

they're VERY mid. for every new player UNT added this year, I could give you a band from the same era and/or with a similar sound better than The Killers.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

I hope that's the worst half we play all season, that was bad. At least we are choosing to show our worst in a non conference game we will likely still win, this will be a good thing to learn from.

GMG onward to 2-0, no matter how ugly.

I hope so. The penalties are just killing us

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

No one with talent is going to stay here.  We have no NIL.

I agree, but we need to adjust our mindset in this era too. We need to use the portal effectively too. We built a team this year that can run and gun on offense. A DL that can hold the line. SFA clearly got P4 transfers going to their program too. There's no way they are more resources compared to us. How do we use the tools given to us to further differentiate our level of FBS from FCS?

Well- the Oline is my biggest concern. Multiple P4 transfers and they are so soft as a whole. Weren’t able to push our way in from inside the 3.
Defense still sucks. Multiple times relievers have gotten behind us and better competition will not miss. Poor tackling has made them look better than they are. There is some talent on that side of the ball but they are a reflection of a bad leader (the DC). 

Edited by UNT Family Man
  • Upvote 3