Most Talented Teams in 2024-25

22 hours ago, BigWillie said:

FAU completely changes, but still makes the list. This list is dumb.

They have very productive D1 transfers coming in.

Ken Evans Jr 6'5" guard from Jackson State: 23-24 stats 18.8 ppg 5.4 rpg 2.9 apg 39.2% from 3

Leland Walker 6'1" guard from Eastern Kentucky: 23-24 stats 15.4 ppg 2.7 rpg 4.1 apg 34.2% from 3

Ability Tandy 6'2" guard from Jacksonville State: 23-24 stats 17.8 ppg 2.6 rpg 1.4 apg 38.9% from 3

Baba Miller 6'11" forward from Florida State: 23-24 stats 7.6 ppg 4.9 rpg

Then there's a sophomore forward from Louisville and another from Illinois coming in with limited playing time. Like them or not, they're going to be tough again this year. Doesn't mean we won't be better but they still have talent.

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

They have very productive D1 transfers coming in.

Ken Evans Jr 6'5" guard from Jackson State: 23-24 stats 18.8 ppg 5.4 rpg 2.9 apg 39.2% from 3

Leland Walker 6'1" guard from Eastern Kentucky: 23-24 stats 15.4 ppg 2.7 rpg 4.1 apg 34.2% from 3

Ability Tandy 6'2" guard from Jacksonville State: 23-24 stats 17.8 ppg 2.6 rpg 1.4 apg 38.9% from 3

Baba Miller 6'11" forward from Florida State: 23-24 stats 7.6 ppg 4.9 rpg

Then there's a sophomore forward from Louisville and another from Illinois coming in with limited playing time. Like them or not, they're going to be tough again this year. Doesn't mean we won't be better but they still have talent.

I started posting this exact thing last night. FAU brought in some ballers. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Vic Trilli did that at North Texas back in the day.

I don't know about Trilli's background, but if I am an FAU supporter I have reasonable optimism for Jakus.  Solid time with Scott Drew at Baylor, plus 3 seasons at Gonzaga.

He accepted a coaching position that year as graduate assistant for the Baylor Bears, remaining in the role for two seasons.  He left the team following the 2013–14 season and became the director of basketball operations for the Gonzaga Bulldogs.[2][7] Jakus served three seasons at Gonzaga and helped them reach the national championship in 2017.[8][9] He returned to Baylor after the season to become an assistant coach.[10] He was an assistant coach at Baylor for seven seasons, assisting as they won the national championship in 2021 and won Big 12 Conference titles in 2021 and 2022.[11] Jakus was promoted to associate head coach prior to the 2022-23 season.

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Vic Trilli did that at North Texas back in the day.

sure. so did Coach K, Roy Williams, John Calipari...

no doubt it's a super fluid landscape in the modern game...but if you're doing a pure, albeit lazy "Most Talented Teams" post, it's not at all crazy to keep FAU in the top 50. they've got some players. 

I'd also say at no point in the last 5-ish seasons of this nice UNT run have we ever had the "most talented" roster in our conference/area. coaching/system/identity have all led to more success than recruiting stars and I love that about this program. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1