Why 🚧 on BB during opening weekend?

55 minutes ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

Really poor planning for the AD to have them doing construction 🚧 the first game weekend!  They could have filed a waiver!

Bonnie Brae has been under construction in different phases for over a year or two.   Previous thread about it.

• Upvote 3

Any details on where the construction will be occurring?  I can't tell anything regarding what is going on right now from the provided link.

I drive in from Dallas and enter from the South by taking Willowood and turning North onto BB at the Track Complex.  Is the construction in this area or further South?

Matt mentioned that BB is closed in that area.  So is access to the Blue parking lot off of BB not going to be accessible?  I can't find any information regarding parking on the UNT Athletics site.  Not even the traditional information that used to be sent out in the packet of how fans should drive to the game from either N or S.

• Upvote 3

Bonnie Brae is open ( it was today) it’s just really bumpy.  BB is being worked on in 7 sections.  It’s a really big project involving lots of utility replacement and relocation.  Many sections are being torn out and replaced with temporary paving.  I can’t wait for it to be completed.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

Bonnie Brae is open ( it was today) it’s just really bumpy.  BB is being worked on in 7 sections.  It’s a really big project involving lots of utility replacement and relocation.  Many sections are being torn out and replaced with temporary paving.  I can’t wait for it to be completed.

Thanks!

• Upvote 2

OP: You do realize the AD has no say on City/State Construction Projects. Sucks but road projects take months if not year+ to do, so it sucks but this issue is not on UNT or the AD, maybe try to pick a better fight next time. 

Only UNT issue would be the building of a 30k seat stadium that fronts a 2 lane road, but that ship sailed 10+ yrs ago

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

I went to the ticket office to pick up my printed tickets-yes I am that old.   I usually go the stadium the back way from Fort Worth Drive to Rosemont and then BB and take a right into the blue lot.  Yesterday I discovered that Rosemont is closed before you reach the cemetery.   So most of the traffic will be coming in from the I35.  BB is terrible outside stadium.   Leave early because I think it going to be very interesting getting into the blue lot.   I hope they have more than one parking pass checker.

Denton has no road planning.  The project managers should all be replaced.  I have never seen a worse city handling road construction.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Denton has no road planning.  The project managers should all be replaced.  I have never seen a worse city handling road construction.

From everything I’ve seen and heard over the years, I think it probably has more to do with budget than project managers.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

MAJOR renovation in Fort Worth of University from I-30 down thru TCU. The city worked with the construction company to make sure that any lane/road closures would be done, reopened, and cleaned up before football games for TCU and the Rodeo in January.  Seems like the city could have made arrangements with the company and the University to coordinate these.  Maybe they did?

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

32 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

MAJOR renovation in Fort Worth of University from I-30 down thru TCU. The city worked with the construction company to make sure that any lane/road closures would be done, reopened, and cleaned up before football games for TCU and the Rodeo in January.  Seems like the city could have made arrangements with the company and the University to coordinate these.  Maybe they did?

This is what you get when you live in a city that supports/minds the local university.

Denton has not demonstrated any similar sentiment in, like, ever.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Well that's a lie. The first couple of blocks are open. Everything else is still under construction.  Not a world ending scenario,  but do not plan on using north BB

Edit for source: just picked my kid up from Denton High 45 min ago

Edited by Udomann