Expecting a sellout?

I don't see that happening.....but it would be nice if it did. 

Oddly enough....our first ever sellout of then 20,000 seat Fouts was not the SMU game in '90. It was the SFA game in '89. 

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1

They showed up nicely for their jersey night at Texas Rangers. I bet we get a good contingent of purple at the tailgate and inside DATCU on Saturday. 

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

15 hours ago, Big Z said:

3.5-hour drive from Nacogdoches to Denton

SFA averaged 8,100 fan per home last year 

SFA DFW Alumni - I really don't hear much, and their website showed a watch party invite from 2018 

Hopefully they bring a decent crowd

There will likely be a fair number of SFA alumni that live in DFW and would rather drive up to Denton for a game than to Nacogdoches. I hadn't bought my tickets yet and this thread was a good reminder. I'm seeing your usual deals on the aftermarket sites, and buying directly from the athletics page showed a fair bit of options...nothing to indicate we're facing very super high demand but should be 20-22k at least. 

• Upvote 1

Here's the current graphic from the Ticket Sales site and I don't know how accurate it is or if any useful info can be inferred from it.  My first thought was that most of the West side was in the first "singles" color, but on second look, it seems to be more like the second blue. 

I also assume most of the gray area is "general admission"/student which isn't even listed in the legend at the bottom.

image.png.6b3bfc68c956562dc1c2f6d579dabb54.png

Edited by meaniegreenie

2 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

Here's the current graphic from the Ticket Sales site and I don't know how accurate it is or if any useful info can be inferred from it.  My first thought was that most of the West side was in the first "singles" color, but on second look, it seems to be more like the second blue. 

I also assume most of the gray area is "general admission"/student which isn't even listed in the legend at the bottom.

image.png.6b3bfc68c956562dc1c2f6d579dabb54.png

I doubt they open the wing tickets until Friday or so. If I had to guess, we will see a GREAT student crowd and probably around 23-25K total. Should be fun.

If we can somehow win the Tech game next weekend, a 3-0 Mean Green vs Wyoming will have the stadium near capacity. Book it.

• Upvote 5

i thought that the SFA coach was impressive in the short interview.

I expect NT to blow them out, but hope the NT team doesn't feel that way.  

No way to tell anything from SFA's first game.

NT's offense cruised, but that defense has a long way to go to even be mediocre. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

44 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

NT's offense cruised, but that defense has a long way to go to even be mediocre. 

Always liked Carthel.  IIRC, he wants to coach at UNT very badly.  Kinda strange, given that he is not an alumnus.  I wonder if their are other ties at play here.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Well and let's be honest we didn't have near the turnovers we usually did in that last game.

• Upvote 2

Our defense has a ways to go, but considering 3 starters were out, I was pleased with the adjustments made at halftime leading to a couple of three and outs to start the second half.  That changed the game for us.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, 3_n_out said:

I know Caponi was the DB coach at ISU. Does he still coach the DBs here as well while being the DC? If so, that’s disappointing if the breakdowns were from the position our DC coaches and expects a lot from in this kind of defense. 

He's just the DC.  Jennings has the safeties and Payne has the CB's.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Probably your standard home opener. Good crowd but not a sell out. Now if we’re 3-0 going into the Wyoming game? Look out. 

The Wyoming game is the one Mosley specified that the AD is aiming for the first stadium sellout. I think this is just coach speak to get the SFA fans excited and reason to attend/watch.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Great for them!  It's a shame we couldn't find some place in our system to support a first-class Greenie that had one of the most infectiously positive attitudes of any player we've ever had.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

Great for them!  It's a shame we couldn't find some place in our system to support a first-class Greenie that had one of the most infectiously positive attitudes of any player we've ever had.

I think Trice is working his way up the normal coaching ladder. Based on his time at UNT I would've be surprised to see him at a P4 school soon. All the best to him, and we'd be lucky to have him down the road

• Upvote 2