Stone Earle taking a shot at UNT

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Trying to find what he said that was so offensive...?    Are y'all talking about his comment about fans not coming to games?
'Tis true.
UNT's attendance avg last season:  17,761
Marshall: 23,198

I dunno about y'all, but 6K more fans/gm is pretty noticeable.
Sadly, we pulled less than the season average against our "biggest rival". 

That said, I hope he gets to play there, but he wasn't going to see the field here as long as Chandler is healthy. 

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

K. Show a bunch of G5 programs with sustained losing records for approximately 20 years that have “impressive” attendance. Can’t wait to see this list.

This thread makes it very clear that players notice when they’re playing in front of small crowds, and the first reactions here are to blame the player, blame the lack of success, etc. I don’t know why that’s the reaction instead of pure embarrassment/disappointment.

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

This thread makes it very clear that players notice when they’re playing in front of small crowds, and the first reactions here are to blame the player, blame the lack of success, etc. I don’t know why that’s the reaction instead of pure embarrassment/disappointment.

So no examples. Got it.

I’m tired of excuses too. But the ones I’m tired of are the lack of performance on the field, poor coaching, choking big moments away, ect. Others get it done with way less. Sick of blaming our fans who may be the some of the clearest examples of sports masochism you’ll ever encounter.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

So no examples. Got it.

Oh, I don’t know. ECU comes to mind, but at the end of the day, I don’t particularly care about those programs. I would think it’s equally sad the excuses that get made at other places for not supporting their teams.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, DentonLurker said:

Oh, I don’t know. ECU comes to mind, but at the end of the day, I don’t particularly care about those programs. I would think it’s equally sad the excuses that get made at other places for not supporting their teams.

They’re about the only exception to this in FBS. I also don’t care about those other programs. I care about North Texas and that’s it.

My point is you’re saying that we make all kinds of excuses for struggling with attendance - I’m pointing out the obvious and ONLY reason/excuse that matters in regards to this. We haven’t and don’t win at a consistent enough level to warrant it. Almost all G5 programs have pretty poor support overall, so I agree with you there. Having 3,000 extra fans a game inside the stadium last year wouldn’t have made a difference in the W-L record. Doesn’t matter if we all cheer extra hard. 

Blaming the UNT fanbase that exists and supports this mess throughout the years is ridiculous. We don’t hire the bad coaches or play the games. But I do support $$$ and consume the largely poor product.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 5

Just now, NT80 said:

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT   QBR  

10/20 100 5.0 1 2   31.0

And yet he had the lead for the team. Blame him all you want but when he was there, they were winning. They lost with the other guys at the helm.  I know facts suck sometimes. But I grow tired of hearing him be blamed for the loss when he simply had the lead when he left the game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Travis said:

And yet he had the lead for the team. Blame him all you want but when he was there, they were winning. They lost with the other guys at the helm.  I know facts suck sometimes. But I grow tired of hearing him be blamed for the loss when he simply had the lead when he left the game. 

It wasn't Rogers that lost it, it was the defense.  Rogers vastly outplayed Earle in the game.  That's why he became starter and Earle transferred again...

North Texas

North Texas Passing
Chandler Rogers vs FIU
11/15 201 13.4 2 0   91.2
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

I don’t know why that’s the reaction instead of pure embarrassment/disappointment.

This is a sports forum full of fans.

Would you like me to unpack this further, or maybe you need some time on your own to reflect on this psychological riddle.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

First, if they’re not wearing Mean Green anymore I just don’t care.

Second, when these teams get upset, walloped, play stale whatever they do, it is in the most prime time of slots. They put it together when the pressure is off. 

We’ve never stumbled upon a Traylor or hired a Coker. We get Diet Coke boy while that school in south Texas gets proven winners and stud upstarts. 

I know our attendance would be better if we didn’t have such crazy fall downs when people are dialed and the stakes are high. Win and they will come, come back, and bring friends. 

here’s hoping for a good September.

GMG

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, NT80 said:

It wasn't Rogers that lost it, it was the defense.  Rogers vastly outplayed Earle in the game.  That's why he became starter and Earle transferred again...

North Texas

North Texas Passing
Chandler Rogers vs FIU
11/15 201 13.4 2 0   91.2

Then let's quit blaming Earle for the loss.... since it isn't on him anyway.  And still, when he was there he still managed to do enough to keep a lead.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, Travis said:

If facts sound dumb.. then it is what it is I suppose.  Can't blame FIU loss on Earle.  He didn't lose that game. 

Are you kidding me? 

Its freaking FIU! No way he should have played so bad with these stats, see below. 

image.png.d776d88387ec8b427fb6fb2b80aade63.png

Earle - 2 int, only 1 touchdown, 50% completion 

Rogers - 0 ints, 3 touchdowns, 73% completion 

Rogers starts this game, we would have won period. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

20 minutes ago, Travis said:

If facts sound dumb.. then it is what it is I suppose.  Can't blame FIU loss on Earle.  He didn't lose that game. 

FIU - Masses,Hezekiah 40 yd interception (Gabriel,Chase kick) 

FIU 14 UNT 10 2nd Quarter 13:47

This pick 6 certainly didn't help with the final score. But yes, it was a team effort. Multiple people played bad including Stone Earle.

He's right but also....maybe he should've added "if we didn't lose more games than we won, maybe more people would've come to the games. But thankfully I'm now at a school where hopefully that doesn't matter and people still come to the games because there's nothing else to do here. So now I get to play in front of bigger crowds and the team's play doesn't have an effect on the size of those crowds"

• Haha 1