Stone Earle taking a shot at UNT

10 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Dude was more than given a shot and could not produce when it counted. Pretty crappy taking a shot at the fan base.

"I model my game after Baker Mayfield"

Lol...ya ok....just keep on transferring buddy 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Pissed 1

My daughter and her family just moved outside of Huntington. I told her they should go to a Marshall game and wear their UNT t-shirts.

GMG!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • RV 1

Trying to find what he said that was so offensive...?    Are y'all talking about his comment about fans not coming to games?
'Tis true.
UNT's attendance avg last season:  17,761
Marshall: 23,198

I dunno about y'all, but 6K more fans/gm is pretty noticeable.
Sadly, we pulled less than the season average against our "biggest rival". 

That said, I hope he gets to play there, but he wasn't going to see the field here as long as Chandler is healthy. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, NTEdgex2 said:

My daughter and her family just moved outside of Huntington. I told her they should go to a Marshall game and wear their UNT t-shirts.

GMG!

Where did they move to?  I have family all over the Tri State area.  Beautiful area.  Marshall has a nice campus.  

• Upvote 1

‪UNT had 21k people show up next home game after losing to FIU. Marshall had 22k after beating Virginia Tech AT HOME. ‬

‪But regardless. Stone had the chance to lock up QB1 for the foreseeable future and didn’t take advantage. Truly hope he does if/when he gets the chance at Marshall. He’s a fun watch. ‬

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, cjones said:

I mean, he’s not wrong, but still.

Unfortunately, it’s the students that don’t come to the games. The west side where fans like me sit is usually 3/4’s full at every game. I do hope that changes consistently and soon. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

. . . he wasn't going to see the field here as long as Chandler is healthy. 

That's the key phrase.  And history says Chandler won't be healthy the entire season.  Based on comments made by Coach Morris, there's going to be a lot of uncertainty once we have to reach for a backup.  Wish we still had Stone to provide more of a known quantity at backup.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

If he had won the FIU game, we might not have seen Chandler Rogers.  Or at least not as early in the season.  Has anyone “herd” if he’s the starter there ?

Saw an article from two days ago earlier that said he was in the competition.

Edit: Link

https://www.coalvalleynews.com/sports/marshall-football-new-name-enters-herd-quarterback-battle/article_57419028-621a-11ef-9c8f-bb7a93ee2953.html

Edited by peanuts104
  • Skeptical Eagle 1