***OFFICIAL UNT vs. SOUTH ALABAMA IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Harry

• Harry pinned this topic
2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Watch the game and follow the game thread on here.  You will experience both multiple times.

We aren't exactly known for being the most grounded of fan bases.

It's all doom and gloom until it ain't. Then it is again. 'Tis tradtition

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

I think we all want to see our team get off to a fast start on offense and defense. If the defense swarms to the ball early, I think that will be a good sign. 

I'm also hoping Morris gives our big-leg kicker a shot at one of those 70+ yard field goals he's posted on X. Not that I want us to need such an attempt. I just want to see him try it in a game. 

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 6

9 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

We are going to either be elated with a victory or in the pit of despair with a loss.  Hopefully, we're all elated.

we're in Mean Green land, where elated with loss and despairing over victories is also possible and, in fact, highly likely.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Watch the game and follow the game thread on here.  You will experience both multiple times.

You might even think we’re getting taken behind the woodshed and find out we’re actually winning.🤣🤣

• Upvote 3

After watching Colorado last night, I’m not as hopeful that we’ll see a night and day defensive improvement.  They were running right with us last year for the coveted spot of worst defense in America.  Then they overhauled the dline with transfers this offseason.  Talent looked improved but cohesive they were not.  Thinking we likely see something similar.  There will be growing pains, but still hoping to see some positive signs of progress tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

After watching Colorado last night, I’m not as hopeful that we’ll see a night and day defensive improvement.  They were running right with us last year for the coveted spot of worst defense in America.  Then they overhauled the dline with transfers this offseason.  Talent looked improved but cohesive they were not.  Thinking we likely see something similar.  There will be growing pains, but still hoping to see some positive signs of progress tomorrow.

I'm not sure where our staff stands on chemistry and cohesiveness. I would assume they think it's important. Colorado's coach does not believe in team chemistry and thinks just put a bunch of talented players on the field and you'll win, chemistry be damned. He's been very clear on his thoughts on chemistry and appears to think it's BS. 

• Upvote 5

But back to THIS game.

I'm really excited to watch this game...I think it's a 50/50 game and will come down to the little things.

Does Eric Morris have this thing headed in the right direction in his 2nd year? I will feel really good if we win Saturday, its a game that could go either way and maybe SA is a slight favorite...which means maybe we have to play just a little better than them to win it. We have not done that a lot in a game like this the past several years...

I hope to see us turn the corner in a game like this. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

I honestly wish we hadn’t scheduled this game.  We play a team that dominated a bowl game on the road to start the season?  Dumb scheduling by Jarad.

Do you know when this game was secured? I cannot find it.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

I honestly wish we hadn’t scheduled this game.  We play a team that dominated a bowl game on the road to start the season?  Dumb scheduling by Jarad.

We beat them in Denton.  You're scared for us to play them, really?

This isn't that other Bama team...

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 6

12 hours ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

Who would you rather us open with?  I like the idea of a good test but not insurmountable.

• Upvote 3

I am letting go of all negativity. There's 70 new players what the hell do I know? There's lot of things that go in to making a good FBS coach, only recently has how well does your team gel in one off season to the next vaulted to near the top, maybe Morris is one of the best at that. 

GMG! Expecting a win today.

• Upvote 2

On 8/30/2024 at 9:17 AM, TheColonyEagle said:

I'm not sure where our staff stands on chemistry and cohesiveness. I would assume they think it's important. Colorado's coach does not believe in team chemistry and thinks just put a bunch of talented players on the field and you'll win, chemistry be damned. He's been very clear on his thoughts on chemistry and appears to think it's BS. 

Exactly. You have a coach who preaches the game is all about the me and that the team comes somewhere after that.

• Upvote 1
  • Pissed 1

4 hours ago, NT80 said:

We beat them in Denton.  You're scared for us to play them, really?

This isn't that other Bama team...

No we shouldn't be scared of South Alabama. But the time we beat them was back in 2012.....so it's been a while. 

• Upvote 1