DMN: Chandler Morris ‘despised’ football. At North Texas, the TCU-ex is having fun again

NT80

34 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Good Dallas Morning News article about the background of Chandler Morris' injuries and his mindset coming to North Texas. 

Well written and I'm glad the DMN finally let someone else "not named Vito" write an NT article for a nice change.   The article is behind a paywall, but you can read it for free on your cell phone in "reader available" view...

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/unt-mean-green/2024/08/27/chandler-morris-despised-football-at-north-texas-the-tcu-ex-is-having-fun-again/

hey Bert tries his best

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

I had one free view left. 

The most refreshing was it was not Veto.

It was the "happy to play at North Texas" after bad years of injury at TCU. Sounds like we have a great QB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4

27 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

Am I thonly cheap one who refuses to pay for these paywalls?  Can anyone summarize for us that have no money?

He despised football but is now having fun again.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

The thing that gives me hope with Eric Morris and the QB position...

We saw what a QB with experience coming into this offense can do last season. Now we have the same situation but with a QB that was even higher rated and that experience is against Big 12 competition.

Building off last years QB play with even better QB play and just a little bit better defense and we could be in for something really good this year....

Considering he didn't start the season if we get equal QB play this year I'll be very happy. Rogers' last year was basically equal to each of FIne's last two years. The winning formula for this year is the offense to stay the same and the defense cut off seven ppg and get a few more turnovers. Both are pretty good-sized asks. 

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
262 421 62.2 3,382 8.0 29 5 80 150.1

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

Am I thonly cheap one who refuses to pay for these paywalls?  Can anyone summarize for us that have no money?

Go to the DMN website on your cell phone and scroll down until you see the article headline under the sports section.

Once you click the headline, the article will start to load... but then there will be an "ad banner" across the page so you can't read the article until you buy a subscription. 

To bypass the ad, start over on the webpage again.  Click the article headline again, and while the article is loading...there will a small horizontal window box at the bottom of the screen.  The center of the box will say "dallasnews.com".   To the right of that is either an "X" or a  refresh-page circle.  If an X click it until you see the refresh-page circle.  Click the refresh-page circle and the center of the box will briefly change and say "Reader Available" with a little tablet icon to the left of it.   It only stays on that for a couple seconds then reverts back to the dallasnews.com label again. 

Refresh again and when Reader Available comes up click the tablet icon to it's left quickly.  The article page will change to let you read the article for free, but most photos in the article won't load.  It's mostly a read-only page but you can read all their articles like this for free.

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

If you want to read it just pay for it.  They covered our team.  If we pay (which is how these journalists eat) they may continue to cover us.  We keep expecting a steak dinner for the price of a value menu and that doesnt work. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Go to the DMN website on your cell phone and scroll down until you see the article headline under the sports section.

Once you click the headline, the article will start to load... but then there will be an "ad banner" across the page so you can't read the article until you buy a subscription. 

To bypass the ad, start over on the webpage again.  Click the article headline again, and while the article is loading...there will a small horizontal window box at the bottom of the screen.  The center of the box will say "dallasnews.com".   To the right of that is either an "X" or a  refresh-page circle.  If an X click it until you see the refresh-page circle.  Click the refresh-page circle and the center of the box will briefly change and say "Reader Available" with a little tablet icon to the left of it.   It only stays on that for a couple seconds then reverts back to the dallasnews.com label again. 

Refresh again and when Reader Available comes up click the tablet icon to it's left quickly.  The article page will change to let you read the article for free, but most photos in the article won't load.  It's mostly a read-only page but you can read all their articles like this for free.

An amazing description for an internet hack. Glad they still exist though I now subscribe to the @tmjerm rule.

I recall my first cable TV box. It had a round dial to go to the cable channels....seems like their may have been 47 numbers on the dial. If you didn't pay for it, i.e. HBO, Skinemax, Showtime, it would show a completely jumbled screen. But you could park the dial "between" channels and the channel would come in clear as glass. If I recall HBO was between 14 and 15. Saw Hollywood Knights probably 5O times that way. 

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

8 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

An amazing description for an internet hack. Glad they still exist though I now subscribe to the @tmjerm rule.

I recall my first cable TV box. It had a round dial to go to the cable channels....seems like their may have been 47 numbers on the dial. If you didn't pay for it, i.e. HBO, Skinemax, Showtime, it would show a completely jumbled screen. But you could park the dial "between" channels and the channel would come in clear as glass. If I recall HBO was between 14 and 15. Saw Hollywood Knights probably 5O times that way. 

GMG

Keep Newbomb away from the punch. 

• Thanks 1

I read the article for free on the SportsDayTALK w/1310TheTicket app. I do not recall having to be a subscriber to use the app, but I've had it for a while so I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I don’t get the Vito hate. He has to cover a program that has not exactly done a whole lot to be positive about. And he reports for a town that mostly acts like UNT Athletics doesn’t exist.

I like Vito; I like a fresh voice once in a while. At times, Vito seems dark and down on North Texas.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I don’t get the Vito hate. He has to cover a program that has not exactly done a whole lot to be positive about.

Nobody should be forced to do a job they don't like.

He comes across as jaded sometimes about his "forced" reporting job, injecting jabs at the program.  He has been a DRC NT reporter almost as long as I have been an NT fan...we're both bitter, lol!

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

4 hours ago, tmjerm said:

If you want to read it just pay for it.  They covered our team.  If we pay (which is how these journalists eat) they may continue to cover us.  We keep expecting a steak dinner for the price of a value menu and that doesnt work. 

Encapsulates NT alumni’s expectations vs commitment regarding athletics. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

Smoked or fried bologna is good though. Plain regular bologna, not so much. 

And I thought all bologna was smoked. It shows what I know. 

3 hours ago, NT80 said:

Nobody should be forced to do a job they don't like.

He comes across as jaded sometimes about his "forced" reporting job, injecting jabs at the program.  He has been a DRC NT reporter almost as long as I have been an NT fan...we're both bitter, lol!

Who says he doesn’t like his job? And its not his job to be a UNT cheerleader. Quite the opposite actually. 

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1