2-Deep for South Alabama opener 2024

14 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Am I the only one who has noticed the depth behind Chandler Morris? If Morris goes down, next up will be a freshman (albeit a pretty talented one) who has had only spring training experience. And then next up after him is a freshman right out of HS. 

That will be ok. Chandler Morris has proven to be very durable.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

20 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

That will be ok. Chandler Morris has proven to be very durable.

I thought we brought in another transfer and a JUCO. Wonder what happened to them/how badly they suck? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I thought we brought in another transfer and a JUCO. Wonder what happened to them/how badly they suck? 

Yeah, Grant Tisdale (Ole Miss/TCU) and Carson Woods (JUCO) could not beat out two true freshmen who Morris has described as inconsistent.

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2024 at 3:05 PM, jtm0097 said:

He played as a true freshman at Northern Arizona. Take a look at his film, he'll light your ass up.

The guy behind him had offers from UT, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Purdue, and Indiana. We will be fine at that position.

https://247sports.com/recruitment/jayven-anderson-147702/recruitinterests/

He's got some pop, I'll say that.  If he insists on tackling above the waist, however, he's going to get trucked by bigger, heavier, faster receivers and running backs that have broken through.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Yeah, Grant Tisdale (Ole Miss/TCU) and Carson Woods (JUCO) could not beat out two true freshmen who Morris has described as inconsistent.

That’s terrifying. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/26/2024 at 7:14 PM, jtm0097 said:

D2 Transfer has played a lot of football. The guy behind the 5'8 165 Safety is 6'0 200 pounds and played at North Shore. I'm not too concerned about the secondary yet. Give me a few weeks and I'll tell you if that changes lol.

Ok, I'm worried about the defense 

• Upvote 1