Is This It?

I think this is one of our weaker designs, but I reserve the right to revise my opinion if we win 8 games in it.

Is there any football team with a helmet that uses the shape of Texas and looks good?

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, rcade said:

HelmetHistory.com thinks we're going with a green helmet and a giant diving eagle in 2024.

https://www.helmethistory.com/north-texas.html

I'm no fan of the "wings and tailfeathers only"  helmet either.  Put the Full eagle on there or change the mascot.   Would $mut put only the rear end of a Pony on their helmet?    Yes, they should, lol.

Oregon has the trademark on feather helmets....

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

How would this look with a green facemask, green state of Texas, and white eagle?  Maybe not bad, but I’m still not a big fan of using the state of Texas.  It seems very high school-y.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, rcade said:

HelmetHistory.com thinks we're going with a green helmet and a giant diving eagle in 2024.

https://www.helmethistory.com/north-texas.html

Much better option.  Either that, or an all green helmet, al la Bama or Penn St.

Mean Green

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

No so much ugly as it is unpractical.  I just want them to stick to a version of our helmet logo for a decade.  You can switch between green, white, and black (please limit the use of black).  But either keep the Texas shape around it all the time or stop using on the helmets 100% of the time.  My favorite helmets of all time are the Flying Worm helmets.  There also an interlocking modern fat/bold font NT helmets that are fan mock up  I love.  RV kind of had the right idea of fostering brand recognition just chose the wrong branding.  

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Meangreen Fight said:

My favorite helmets of all time are the Flying Worm helmets.  

You can never go wrong with the Flying Worm, fits perfect on the helmet. 

Easy branding and makes the players faster and ready for contact!

metapth164114_xl_Football_Culture_0465.j

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, NT93 said:

How would this look with a green facemask, green state of Texas, and white eagle?  Maybe not bad, but I’m still not a big fan of using the state of Texas.  It seems very high school-y.

Would you rather use the shape of Texas, or our area code like a lot of schools were obsessed with a few years ago?

• Puking Eagle 2

18 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Would you rather use the shape of Texas, or our area code like a lot of schools were obsessed with a few years ago?

The area code thing is ridiculous, as is the abbreviation of the city name…though I haven’t seen any college do that.

• Upvote 3