North Texas vs South Alabama Prediction Thread

38 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

There were things I hoped to see this past off-season, like a new DC, a heavy influx of defensive talent, and a defensive scheme that fits our personal. We didn't get most of that.

6-7

Sounds like you're predicting a pretty strong defensive performance in this game.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

I hope this is not another FIU-like road game.   QB Morris must stay healthy for the Offense.  The Defense is still an experiment in progress.   Too many "ifs" at this point of the season until we see real performance.  

I predict a slow sluggish start and a $mut comeback to win...   NT 37-34.

• Upvote 3

On 8/24/2024 at 6:58 PM, emmitt01 said:

North Texas - 24

South Alabama - 35

Sorry, I don’t think fixing this defense is as a simple as plugging in a few new pieces on Week 1

And if you look at our defense, most are returners. Hard to believe we will roll out the same three starting LBs. 
I think your prediction is probably about right. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2

South Alabama -5.5 (-110) vs. North Texas

My number is 7.5 here. Factor in North Texas losing one of the best defensive players in fall camp to a season-ending knee injury, and we have a play on the Jaguars. Sure, South Alabama is breaking in new head coaches, so maybe we see something out of left field because that’s how college football is in 2024 when it comes to offseason turnover. But South Alabama promoted their offensive coordinator, Major Applewhite, and that gives me a little sense of continuity.

Worst line to bet: South Alabama -6.5 (-110)

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Greendylan said:

Never forget just how terrible NT was against two bad teams to start last season.  We looked like a mediocre FCS team until Week 3.

South Alabama 52

North Texas 23

I agree, we looked terrible to start last season. But, I think Morris has too much pride to field another team that will start that bad again. And, USA is breaking in a new coach.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NT91 said:

SA 26

NT17

I can’t imagine our defense only allowing 26 or the offense being held to 17. First game, so I guess the offense could sputter but little chance the D is that stingy. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I can’t imagine our defense only allowing 26 or the offense being held to 17. First game, so I guess the offense could sputter but little chance the D is that stingy. 

Well both predictions here were correct but I would have expected the score to be reversed. Glad I was wrong and wr won, but man that defense still sucks. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/26/2024 at 2:00 PM, NT80 said:

I hope this is not another FIU-like road game.   QB Morris must stay healthy for the Offense.  The Defense is still an experiment in progress.   Too many "ifs" at this point of the season until we see real performance.  

I predict a slow sluggish start and a $mut comeback to win...   NT 37-34.

It was sort of a sluggish start (first half), much better in second half and a comeback win!  We outscored my prediction.