North Texas vs South Alabama Prediction Thread

South Alabama will be starting a new QB and not a single QB on their roster has ever been a D1 starter or played any significant snaps. I think the 3-3-5 will have more good moments than bad. Enough so that the performance may be misleading for what's to come the rest of the year. This is about next Saturday though. I'm taking North Texas 28-21.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

18 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I think there should be improvement in year 2. I think we have an established QB with experience. I think they don't and a new coach. Did the influx of new players improve the talent level? We'll see. I'm going on a little bit of blind faith here that Morris sees something and the 2nd year of this defensive scheme will be better (it can't be worse)

I'll be disappointed if we lose.

North Texas 34 

S. Alabama 27

This is a game that Morris has to win if he's going to show that we are making progress. No excuses

Regarding the defense, we seem to have more size than we did last year. If we can stay healthy, we can be dangerous. I don't think it'll be great, but I can see it being middle of the pack

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png.3bc8f0303c077b062ff3804dc53ea1ee.png

This is just sad and embarrassing, but this is where we are as a program right now.  This is against a football team that played its first game ever in 2009 and transitioned to FBS in 2013.  SMH.  I don't think the untested South Alabama QB(s) have to do anything other than hand-off.  We were gashed on the ground last year.  If we can't stop the run, we're doomed.  It's hard to win on the road to start the season and I think USA will be hyped up hosting a team from a supposedly stronger conference.  As much as it pains me, USA - 38, UNT 21.  Prove me wrong Mean Green.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1