UTSA Merger with UT Health SA

2 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I keep seeing them throw out the combined endowment numbers as if the athletic program will get to touch any of the UT Health SA money. 

Or any other part of the university. They have a great medical school now which will likely help years down the road with more alumni with lots of cash. But right now the rest of the university is still subpar with a lot of first generation college students. That’s not changing anytime soon. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ross Hodgeson said:

Yeah which is why I keep wishing we could try to merge with TWU.

https://blogs.library.unt.edu/unt125/2015/03/02/this-shall-not-pass-the-1986-merger-proposal-of-ntsu-and-twu/

Its been discussed in the past. It would be A LOT more complicated since UNT and TWU are their own university systems. The UTSA and UT Health merger is just the UT System deciding to merge a medical school into one of their universities. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/23/2024 at 10:37 AM, UNTcrazy727 said:

https://blogs.library.unt.edu/unt125/2015/03/02/this-shall-not-pass-the-1986-merger-proposal-of-ntsu-and-twu/

Its been discussed in the past. It would be A LOT more complicated since UNT and TWU are their own university systems. The UTSA and UT Health merger is just the UT System deciding to merge a medical school into one of their universities. 

It was discussed in the past with NT/TWU because it would save the State million$ in reducing duplicate administration, classes, infrastructure, etc only 8 miles apart.   But because it's a "Women's" university (so-called, but men attend too) it won't be touched by the Legislature, otherwise gender equality may be endangered.   Do think if there was a Men's University it would still be called as such?

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, NT80 said:

Do think if there was a Men's University it would still be called as such?

There WAS a men's university: A&M.  But, no, it wasn't called as such,  and it no longer has that reputation,  unlike TWU.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Stix said:

There WAS a men's university: A&M.  But, no, it wasn't called as such,  and it no longer has that reputation,  unlike TWU.

I got accepted to A$M.  They had started admitting women in the mid-60's, but by the mid-70's there were still very few on campus...so I went elsewhere.  I found love in Denton instead, lol.