Is anyone else concerned about special teamz?

Seems like we have a lot to replace.  Of course we get absolutely ZERO information from the AD and the piss poor writers that follow the program.  Just reviewing the roster it looks like to me we are not near as good as we have been in the past.  And that should be concerning to us all.  

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Seems like we have a lot to replace.  Of course we get absolutely ZERO information from the AD and the piss poor writers that follow the program.  Just reviewing the roster it looks like to me we are not near as good as we have been in the past.  And that should be concerning to us all.  

Plus we just lost a starting DB transfer from Mississippi for the season with knee injury.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

Threads like these always make me wonder what you guys expect from the AD. Anything they share is going to be positive at this point. It's all going to be "coach speak."

Here's a quick summary of what you would get from the AD.

1- Offense has spent a year learning and will be ready to go

2- Defense has gotten better and has one whole year learning the 3-3-5

3- Special teams has some new faces, but is better than a year ago

4- We are excited about what the new players to the program are bringing to the field and expect them to contribute

There's your camp update.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DentonLurker said:

Threads like these always make me wonder what you guys expect from the AD. Anything they share is going to be positive at this point. It's all going to be "coach speak."

Here's a quick summary of what you would get from the AD.

1- Offense has spent a year learning and will be ready to go

2- Defense has gotten better and has one whole year learning the 3-3-5

3- Special teams has some new faces, but is better than a year ago

4- We are excited about what the new players to the program are bringing to the field and expect them to contribute

There's your camp update.

Just listened to the press conference and they did give a couple of substantive answers about ST. We don’t really have a kicker at this point and the returners aren’t really set either, although he identified three potential players. At this stage in fall practice, we shouldn’t be worried about special teams but perhaps we should be. “If the season started today this guy would kick EPs and short FGs and we think have have a plan for longer kicks” isn’t at all reassuring to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I see a little Leach in the non responsiveness from Morris.  Leach never shared information, and when he did….you never knew if he was being sarcastic.  

why tell our opponents what our strengths and weaknesses are are this point.   Let them worry about all aspects of the game and find out at full speed.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I see a little Leach in the non responsiveness from Morris.  Leach never shared information, and when he did….you never knew if he was being sarcastic.  

why tell our opponents what our strengths and weaknesses are are this point.   Let them worry about all aspects of the game and find out at full speed.  

I think you share more because we are driving to generate interest in the program.