Call me crazy: I am saying we go 8-4! Great season!

22 minutes ago, meanrob said:

Somebody talk me off the ledge because I'm seeing 4-8.

In thirty years of fandom this is the least I've ever known about a team. 

This is where I am. I see wins over SFA, Tulsa, Army, and East Carolina. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Eye Roll 1

We have enough offensive fire power that an 8-4 record this year is realistic IF we have a good defense…

Based on the fact that we had the lowest ranked defense last year and didn’t bring in too many noteworthy defensive transfers in the off season…I don’t know if we’ll have a good defense. 

Really hope I’m wrong. 

• Upvote 5

22 hours ago, JT Hammons said:

August
31, 2024    4 PM    Away    South Alabama    Mobile, Ala.    ESPN+    MGRN - We win this big 35-7.  Chandler Morris statement game.

September
07, 2024    6:30 PM    Home    SFA    Denton, Texas | DATCU Stadium    ESPN+    MGRN - Another big win against an inferior team  42-14

September
14, 2024    11 AM    Away    Texas Tech    Lubbock, Texas    FS1    MGRN - This is a tough loss but very close on the road.  35-31 Tech

September
21, 2024    TBD    Home    Wyoming    Denton, TX | DATCU Stadium        MGRN -  We take care of Whyoming in a close game at home. 21-17

September
28, 2024    TBA    Home    Tulsa    Denton, TX | DATCU Stadium        MGRN - Cruising to a big win over Tulsa 31-17

October
12, 2024    TBA    Away    Florida Atlantic    Boca Raton, FL        MGRN - Close but we take care of business on the road 31-24.

October
19, 2024    TBA    Away    Memphis    Memphis, TN        MGRN - Can't hang with Memphis the best team in teh AAC  this year they spank us 31-17

October
26, 2024    TBA    Home    Tulane    Denton, TX | DATCU Stadium        MGRN - Tulane still too good for us.  28-14 Tulane wins

November
09, 2024    TBA    Home    Army    Denton, TX | DATCU Stadium        MGRN - Army still too physical for us 17-7 Army win

November
15, 2024    8 PM    Away    UTSA    San Antonio, TX    ESPN2    MGRN  -  Nutsack no longer has Franky and we win 28-10!

November
23, 2024    TBA    Home    East Carolina    Denton, TX | DATCU Stadium        MGRN  - Easy win at home 21-3

November
30, 2024    TBA    Away    Temple    Philadelphia, PA        MGRN - Easy win on the road and great finish to the season!  35-10

Eric Morris is named coach of the  year in the AAC and Chandler Rodgers is named best newcomer in the league!  Everyone is so happy!

will-ferrell-crazy.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Travis said:

You do know you predict our defense to be better than our 2013 defense?!  The one with the team with arguably the best linebacker and secondary core we have ever had. And anchored by big Abbe and Sarge... Better than that one.

I hate to say it and i truly hope I am wrong but I don't think I have ever been more pessimistic than heading into this season.

Littrell's last season at UNT our defense was ranked 111 th . Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse it did. Much worse. I know we will be able to score but can we stop anyone? Unless we can I'm looking at a 3 to 5 game win season.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, wardly said:

So who is going to win the presidential election in November? Kennedy?

The only good conference team on our schedule returning their starting QB is Memphis. If we fail to win 8 or 9 games, Morris deserves to be fired. I picked 10 simply because the schedule really is that weak. Also, the thread is in part titled "Call me crazy." If we're making crazy predictions, why not actually be a bit crazy.

• Upvote 6
  • RV 1

On 8/19/2024 at 11:10 AM, Big Z said:

Chandler Rogers plays for Cal..

Careful JT. The correction and accuracy nazis are out in force. And you better correct the Wyoming misspell. They'll come for you and your little dog too!

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1