South Alabama second scrimmage article; any UNT scrimmage news?

NT80

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I’ve emailed one of the staffers on this subject.  Eric is a big believer that you don’t give away free info because you want people to buy tickets to see it for themselves.  I disagree.

Can't sell tickets if they don't advertise the product!  

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

I wonder what USA will look like. I think Kane Wommack probably moderated some of Major Applewhite's tendencies a bit. When Applewhite was at Houston he went tempo a lot. Wommack was a defensive head coach. I think he brought more balance. Still they were 7-6 or whatever last year. 

We will see a ton of QB runs and we'll need this new look defense to be great at tackling. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

I wonder what USA will look like. I think Kane Wommack probably moderated some of Major Applewhite's tendencies a bit. When Applewhite was at Houston he went tempo a lot. Wommack was a defensive head coach. I think he brought more balance. Still they were 7-6 or whatever last year. 

We will see a ton of QB runs and we'll need this new look defense to be great at tackling. 

I haven’t seen great tackling at North Texas in at least a decade 😞

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

On 8/18/2024 at 4:05 PM, NT80 said:

Can't sell tickets if they don't advertise the product!  

Exactly. And, you don’t need to give away any info to advertise the team. At this point, you can barely hear crickets. If you can’t get fans to be excited about the team, what makes you think they’ll be encouraged to go

Edited by 3_n_out
  • Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, 3_n_out said:

Exactly. And, you don’t need to give away any info to advertise the team. At this point, you can barely hear crickets. If you can’t get fans to be excited about the team, what makes you think they’ll be encouraged to go

Coaches need to build fans up just like they do players when they are down.   You don't have to give us the playbook but some generic video or talk up some of the progress...anything!

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, NT80 said:

Coaches need to build fans up just like they do players when they are down.   You don't have to give us the playbook but some generic video or talk up some of the progress...anything!

This method may work for teams that are already established and have that known pedigree. We have neither. If this is how Morris runs things, he could possibly alienate those who are 50/50 on him. He would create no wiggle room to convert people over except to win…a lot. And, from the history of UNT football, that’s an uphill climb. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

19 minutes ago, 3_n_out said:

This method may work for teams that are already established and have that known pedigree. We have neither. If this is how Morris runs things, he could possibly alienate those who are 50/50 on him. He would create no wiggle room to convert people over except to win…a lot. And, from the history of UNT football, that’s an uphill climb. 

I always think coaches should be cheerleaders for their own program.  Encouraging more fans = more home field advantage = potential more wins.  Grant McCasland knew this.

Seth would probably have preferred a tooth extraction over talking to media or in front of a group of fans.   Morris can give good interviews, I've seen them.  But if he wants to go stealth to fans about fall practice that is his choice.   However we reserve the right to question anything that goes wrong and wasn't put out for our approval!

• Upvote 2