Eric Morris vs Seth Littrell

38 minutes ago, Meangreen Fight said:

For me it is in response to people defending his mediocre 0 conference titles and 0 bowl game wins like he was great and did us a favor by coaching here get a salary within top 10% of  G5 coach salary.  That defense is indictive of fans and alumni making far too many excuses  for leadership of this program.  This program had no qualms about throwing out a head coach with conference titles and a bowl win, after a couple bad seasons that you could partially blame on his health problems (heart attack) and losing the heir apparent starting QB in traffic accident.  That coach had the audacity to point out the serious short comings when it came to institutional support for Mean Green Football.  He won at the dump that was the last 10 years in the life of Fouts Field.  This program will never win the fan support it needs to be stable until 0.500 against FBS competition is consistently met.  So the history of not our team not meeting that standard is irrelevant if we want a positive future for Mean Green Football.  A 0.500 Mean Green program will never sellout our staduim but it will kept from less than 1/2 full. 

If you really believe that Dickey didn’t deserve to get fired in 2006, you didn’t sit through that 7OT FIU game.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

14 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

Honestly I think it’s this simple. He either looks like a genius for riding with Caponi in year 2 if the 3-3-5 works with new personnel and we all come on here and happily eat crow, OR he digs his own grave if the defense amounts to anything resembling last year. I hated everything about the 2023 defense. 

Good analysis.  I agree.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

Honestly I think it’s this simple. He either looks like a genius for riding with Caponi in year 2 if the 3-3-5 works with new personnel and we all come on here and happily eat crow, OR he digs his own grave if the defense amounts to anything resembling last year. I hated everything about the 2023 defense. 

I can already hear the excuses now...   

"We brought in Isheem to be the missing piece for the defense, but he got hurt before the season even started.   We got his waiver cleared with the NCAA for 2025, and we have some guys that stepped up, so we're even more experienced in this system now..."

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think the reason people keep bringing up Littrell is because during the week of September 22-29, 2018, a very very high number of Mean Green faithful believed we had truly turned that corner.   Starting the year 4-0, including beating Arkansas on the road (I don't care how bad Arkansas turned out to be that season), after going 9-4 the previous season.   That week was probably the high water mark of Mean Green football from my viewpoint (and I was around for the Dickey years).   I never felt more confident in where NT football was headed than that week.

No doubt that Saturday of the LaTech game was the single best atmosphere and environment I've ever seen around a UNT football gameday.  Don't forget we unveiled the Mean Joe statue and had a big presentation for that with a bunch of NFL HOFers in attendance only a couple of hours before kickoff.  Then that NORTH TEXAS chant in late 3rd qtr or 4th on a LaTech 3rd down (where we then sacked the QB and forced a punt)....man I still pull that clip up on my phone and get chills.  Then we got the field goal blocked and news broke that next week that Seth was talking to KSU....and it all went downhill from there.  But you're right....Seth owns the all-time highest emotional moment where it actually felt like we might just break through.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I can already hear the excuses now...   

"We brought in Isheem to be the missing piece for the defense, but he got hurt before the season even started.   We got his waiver cleared with the NCAA for 2025, and we have some guys that stepped up, so we're even more experienced in this system now..."

Don’t you start with me 😂😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

No doubt that Saturday of the LaTech game was the single best atmosphere and environment I've ever seen around a UNT football gameday.  Don't forget we unveiled the Mean Joe statue and had a big presentation for that with a bunch of NFL HOFers in attendance only a couple of hours before kickoff.  Then that NORTH TEXAS chant in late 3rd qtr or 4th on a LaTech 3rd down (where we then sacked the QB and forced a punt)....man I still pull that clip up on my phone and get chills.  Then we got the field goal blocked and news broke that next week that Seth was talking to KSU....and it all went downhill from there.  But you're right....Seth owns the all-time highest emotional moment where it actually felt like we might just break through.  

It was a typical Seth ending; a summary to his whole time at NT....Big buildup full of expectations, then failure to finish Big games and Bowls.

2 hours ago, NT80 said:

It was a typical Seth ending; a summary to his whole time at NT....Big buildup full of expectations, then failure to finish Big games and Bowls.

But you have to give him credit for helping create those expectations in the first place. Remember, he inherited this https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/10/10/9494755/portland-state-vikings-football-washington-state-north-texas-fcs-win-records

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

But you have to give him credit for helping create those expectations in the first place. Remember, he inherited this https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/10/10/9494755/portland-state-vikings-football-washington-state-north-texas-fcs-win-records

I will certainly acknowledge he had the program on the right track...until...   he didn't take the K-State job and Mason Fine graduated, then all the air just went out.  He couldn't find a new QB and never get over the hump of winning a conference title or Bowl game.   But he was a good .500 coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, NT80 said:

I will certainly acknowledge he had the program on the right track...until...   he didn't take the K-State job and Mason Fine graduated, then all the air just went out.  He couldn't find a new QB and never get over the hump of winning a conference title or Bowl game.   But he was a good .500 coach.

Well said 

9 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

It was also the moment that cemented his legacy of being able to win a big pressure game. That’s what his tenure was about.