Nothing On The Scrimmage????

SUMG

26 minutes ago, SUMG said:

I've looked around.....and can't find any news on the scrimmage.

I don't get this media blackout....that we seem to have, with regards to football scrimmages. Used to, if nothing else....there'd be a scrimmage report at the official site.

The NFL is brilliant with the way they market training camps and practices. They get fans pumped for the upcoming season. 

For some reason....ours are more secretive than the nuclear codes. 

Vito put out an article in the DRC about what to watch for in the first scrimmage, but nothing about what time it was going to be or if media could even attend.   

Otherwise, just crickets from the AD site.   Nothing in the news lately to get fans excited except for hazing infractions and player arrests.  You would think they would try to add some positive news for fans?

https://dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/mean_green/what-to-watch-heading-into-unt-footballs-first-scrimmage-this-weekend/article_5143e19a-55f3-11ef-904c-a3e2a8b6be97.html

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

Eric Morris is more secretive than Seth!  Just ridiculous!    He should be begging for interest!

The reality is that, this fanbase has been craving for more for at least as many coaches as I've been witness to.  The AD, the coaches, and Vito can't ever get everything right.

I'm not saying our fanbase is wrong, just that it can be brutal.  We desperately need wins.  A lot of them, for a sustained time.  That's when we tend to gloss over these shortcomings because sports is fun again.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

Still, questions remain: how will they play without that kicked up soundtrack? Can they play in the heat of the daytime? What will happen when both offense and defense wear the same jersey?

But I do admire the courage and sportsmanship in sharing that game tape with our coaches, then risking less fans on game day because they will have already seen so much of this team here.

Selfless. Tough. Disciplined.

GMG

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, GoGreenBeans said:

The UNT practice facility is the new iron dome. Nothing gets in. Nothing gets out

And they want fan support? They’re not even giving us anything to get excited about this close to the start of the season. All these new hires for the program, yet nothing from the AD regarding the future planning or at least an idea of their vision. Anyways…I guess it’s our job to get ourselves hyped up

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1