Who would be on UNT's Mount Rushmore?

• Harry featured this topic
Just now, golfingomez said:

Joe Greene

Woody Wilson

Ray

and an image of a gate being locked

in reality, you can make this list however you want... Joe Greene has to be on it, then it's just a matter of personal taste

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Odus Mitchell, Joe Greene, Abner Haynes and Mason Fine (Football Specific)

I would flip Mason for Booger in your list; for me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Joe Greene is a no-brainer, Abner Haynes is probably the closest to it.  For coaches, I would probably pick Odus Mitchell over Fry or McCasland, largely because of tenure.  And I would pick P.C. over Jamario, even though Jamario's freshman year was better than any single season of P.C.  Add in P.C.'s success and loyalty as a coach, and I think he beats out any other RB candidate.

I had exactly the same list.

Greene, Haynes, Mitchell, and Cobbs

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Mandy McKinley

Albino Squirrel

Tony Benford

Todd Dodge

4 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

RV

Diet Coke Boy

Carlos Harris

Raveon Hoston

4 hours ago, golfingomez said:

Joe Greene

Woody Wilson

Ray

and an image of a gate being locked

I’m disappointed in you fellas for leaving these gems out.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSZ0I_zvxixkrofXse1PB

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

If this is for all sports, then Don January (4x NCAA Division 1 Golf Champion), Joe Greene, and Abner Haynes are the first 3.

After that we should consider Odis Mitchell (responsible for Greene and Haynes coming to UNT), Booger Kennedy (played on a team that actually won a bowl game and made at least one All American Team), Javian Hamlet (conference player and athlete of the year who actually led us to first NCAA Tournament victory).

Never a coach that spent less than 20+ years at North Texas.  

Agreed.  Not sure about the 4th person, but Odis Mitchell would probably be my choice.

• Upvote 1

I love Fine and Cobbs and all other of the outstanding modern era (1990s to present) but the one (and arguably the only one) that could completely take over and ruin the other team’s plans was Booger Kennedy. Best player in the last 50 years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I love Fine and Cobbs and all other of the outstanding modern era (1990s to present) but the one (and arguably the only one) that could completely take over and ruin the other team’s plans was Booger Kennedy. Best player in the last 50 years. 

Sounds like most posters never got to see Walter Chapman in the mid 70's? I'm taking Chapman over Booger Kennedy. A year or so before my time, Steve Ramsey was the legend at QB. Fine certainly over achieved but wasn't in the category of Ramsey, Ken Washington, Mitch Maher, Jordan Case, or Scott Davis. 

Unanimous choices would include Mean Joe, Abner Haynes, Cedric Hardman, Ray Renfro, Spider Lockhart, Ron Shanklin, Leonard Dunlap, Hayden Fry and a few others during the 60's. I'm sure I missing others.

Let's be brutally honest. North Texas won't go down as one of the top programs in college football history; with a plethora of All Americans and/or high NFL draft picks. The last decade or two of entries into the school's Hall of Fame has been significantly watered down, embarrassing and disrespectful to those that were rightfully honored and deserving.

• Upvote 2