First Rule of Fight Club.......

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I don’t understand how they hold the coaches responsible for something that happened without their knowledge and outside of their time with the players.

But are any of the coaches on staff at that time coaching here today?  Also if you don't assign blame for coaches in situations like this then you can't give them the credit for avoiding stuff like this either.  To do so sounds like hypocrisy to me.  

But regardless of how you access blame it is just another example to me that Seth was overrated by many on this board for most of his tenure here.   When you are a G5 program spending near the top of the conference you are in judging is pretty simple IMO:

1. Are you over 0.500 vs Conference opponents?

2. Are you competitive in Bowl Games?

So I agree judging Seth or any coach for minor incidents away from the field, or training facilities is not fair.   But if he was fired after the 2021 season (or his first extended contract was allowed to expire) I wouldn't have anything negative to say about how Seth's time was managed here by the AD. 

Edited by Meangreen Fight

North Texas football team disciplined for 'fight club' hazing incident

The North Texas football team is facing discipline for hazing involving a “fight club incident" that took place in fall 2021, said Elizabeth With, senior vice president for student affairs, in an email to the North Texas Daily.

The allegation, made in September 2022, claimed underclassmen players were involved, With said. According to the university’s hazing violations webpage, the conduct process was resolved on April 16, 2024.

“The university conducted an investigation that was then verified by an outside review,” With said. “The investigation found, and the review confirmed, that hazing occurred but did not occur as part of any team training or activity and university employees were not aware until after the incident.”

With also said those involved are “no longer at the university.”

The university instituted sanctions on the football team in response to the incident. Athletes, staff and coaches will “receive training and education on hazing” to take place over the next three years, according to the university’s hazing website.

Link:  https://www.ntdaily.com/news/north-texas-football-team-disciplined-for-fight-club-hazing-incident/article_2f22eafe-5065-11ef-b25c-d7d50dbdcce9.html

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Victorygreen04 said:

typical slow night on ponyfans I see...

Every night is a slow night on ponyfans. It's a zombie board. Everyone is on the pay boards.

That said, it's a busy night on the pay boards, since ACC network is doing an SMU season preview from campus Tonight at 5:00.  I'm giddy. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ACC network. Highly recommend.

Edited by DentonStang
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Every night is a slow night on ponyfans. It's a zombie board. Everyone is on the pay boards.

That said, it's a busy night on the pay boards, since ACC network is doing an SMU season preview from campus Tonight at 5:00.  I'm giddy. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ACC network. Highly recommend.

Are you planning on any road SMU games this season?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cousin oliver said:

North Texas football team disciplined for 'fight club' hazing incident

The North Texas football team is facing discipline for hazing involving a “fight club incident" that took place in fall 2021, said Elizabeth With, senior vice president for student affairs, in an email to the North Texas Daily.

The allegation, made in September 2022, claimed underclassmen players were involved, With said. According to the university’s hazing violations webpage, the conduct process was resolved on April 16, 2024.

“The university conducted an investigation that was then verified by an outside review,” With said. “The investigation found, and the review confirmed, that hazing occurred but did not occur as part of any team training or activity and university employees were not aware until after the incident.”

With also said those involved are “no longer at the university.”

The university instituted sanctions on the football team in response to the incident. Athletes, staff and coaches will “receive training and education on hazing” to take place over the next three years, according to the university’s hazing website.

Link:  https://www.ntdaily.com/news/north-texas-football-team-disciplined-for-fight-club-hazing-incident/article_2f22eafe-5065-11ef-b25c-d7d50dbdcce9.html

We need a "yawn" react emoji.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2024 at 4:37 PM, Rudy said:

You should definitely make a side trip up to Oakland, or down to Compton. I hear they are nice that time of year.

Great idea. As evidenced by the "Dallas" on our uniforms, SMU alumni are comfortable in urban and inner-city environments. We keep it real.

• Haha 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

57 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Great idea. As evidenced by the "Dallas" on our uniforms, SMU alumni are comfortable in urban and inner-city environments. We keep it real.

Danny Brown Laughing GIF by DANNY'S HOUSE

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Your uniforms are deceptively in error.   "University Park" would be the correct location...

"The SMU Mustangs football program is a college football team representing Southern Methodist University (SMU) in University Park in Dallas County, Texas."

On 8/5/2024 at 9:48 PM, DentonStang said:

But UNT has still never been sanctioned by the NCAA. There aren't many 100 year old athletic departments that can say that.

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, NT80 said:

Your uniforms are deceptively in error.   "University Park" would be the correct location...

"The SMU Mustangs football program is a college football team representing Southern Methodist University (SMU) in University Park in Dallas County, Texas."

The players are also called "students" so everyone takes a little latitude

• Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

5 hours ago, DentonStang said:

The players are also called "students" so everyone takes a little latitude

I hate your university more every day.  Having grown up Methodist, I don't know why the church allows that institution to use their name

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2