This will certainly be locked, but I think there is a point to be made after the last discussion was closed before it could really be discussed.

It wasn’t something I intended to do,” Carini told La Gazzetta dello Sport, an Italian newspaper. “Actually, I want to apologize to her and everyone else. I was angry because my Olympics had gone up in smoke.”

“All this controversy makes me sad,” she said. Khelif, who is set to face Hungary’s Anna Luca Hamori in Saturday’s quarterfinals, has not issued a public statement on the backlash.

A genetically born female won the match. There's no discrepancy in that. Certain DNA issues are definitely relevant. Totally understand that. Both sides have a point to make.

If I had a point to make, the response above is it. Let's stop being all or none. Black and white.  Worst ever, best ever. Are we improving or worsening others lives or are we having true discussions on the state of our world?

Be human today

Be kind

Be more than hate

Discuss and banter, but see the word as something so much bigger than your opinion.  If you cannot, then you are a fundamental problem. How do we do better?

Someone's life was ruined yesterday through hate. 

Is that who we are?

• Thanks 1
  • Ray 2

Khelif grew up in a rural village in Tiaret Province, in northwestern Algeria.[2] She originally played football before switching to boxing. In her early years, she had to commute to a neighboring village to attend training sessions, and sold scrap metal to afford the bus fare.[3] She stated that her father initially did not allow her to participate in the sport because "he did not approve of boxing for girls

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3

11 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Khelif grew up in a rural village in Tiaret Province, in northwestern Algeria.

In Algeria,  being lgbtq or alphabet identity is literally not legal. Now, I trust many governments will look the other way on certain issues, but the controversy here is not on who she is. She was born normal.  The IBA (lead by Russia btw) determined her ineligible. The IOC said let's F around and find out.

It seems unfair, but it's also not her fault.  No more than Ledecky or Marchand. Also just absolute beasts of humanity.

Screenshot_20240802_194041_Chrome.jpg

• RV 1